Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhoward629 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 9, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Working in a morgue
    Is there any jobs working in a morgue that you do not need a college degree?? ANYTHING?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Maybe janitor or receptionist, nothing where you'll have any contact or access to bodies, just boring jobs you could get anywhere else..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 09:28 PM
    I'm just curious, why do you want to work in the morgue?
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 09:30 PM
    Haha, I agree, why would anyone want to work in a morgue?
    dhoward629 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 9, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Becuause that's a job I want to do, I do not need anyone else's opinions or rude comments about it, you don't have to do it so mind your business!
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoward629
    becuause thats a job i want to do, i do not need anyone elses opinions or rude comments about it, you dont have to do it so mind your business!
    Excuse me, when were we rude, did I skip a post or something? You want us to mind our own business, you are the one that posted the question, I simply asked why you want to work in a Morgue, I was not being rude, I simply wanted more information so that I could answer your question. If you didn't want our opinion than you shouldn't have asked your question.

I'm beginning to understand why you'd want to work in a morgue, you aren't polite enough to work with the living.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Uhm, who was rude? It was meant in jest, get a sense of humor please.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2008, 09:44 PM
    And if you wanted to do that job so bad, you'd be thrilled to get a degree in mortuary science...
    Pets Expert

Mar 9, 2008, 11:39 PM
    I agree Charlotte. I don't know what either one of us said that would be considered rude, although I will admit that after he accused us I did take of the gloves.

dHoward - the reason I asked why you would want to work in a Morgue is because I wasn't sure exactly what you wanted out of the experience. Some people who would like to enter the medical field might find it helpful to first work in the morgue, also funeral directors and such. I personally wouldn't be able to work in a morgue, it's not my cup of tea.

I do know that only qualified people (which will mean a college degree) are permitted to work with the deceased that enter the morgue. Having said that I'm sure you can get a job as a janitor or receptionist (like Charlotte said) but those are the only positions I can think of that won't require a degree.

Sorry that I stooped to your level and got mad. I should know better by now.
    noname0129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoward629
    Is there any jobs working in a morgue that you do not need a college degree??? ANYTHING?
    Did you know that a morgue is a part of a hospital where deceased human remains are kept until the mortuary personnel or medical examiner [AKA Coroner] picks up the deceased remains?

If you want to work in a mortuary, the place where deceased human remains are taken for preparation for funeralization or other final place of disposition, than check out something like this:
    American River College

I graduated from the old college that is gone now, which was San Francisco college of mortuary sciences. Many mortuaries are owned by big corporations now, even the small one in your home town that looks like it is family owned. If you do not have a lot of degrees in Mortuary Sciences, Management, etc. than you probably will not make it far. I graduated with an Associate of Arts degree in Mortuary Sciences, and now make a lot more money in the security system business than I did working for my boss and his boyfriend in the mortuary.

I hope my information helped you.
    Pets Expert

Aug 3, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by noname0129
    Did you know that a morgue is a part of a hospital where deceased human remains are kept until the mortuary personnel or medical examiner [AKA Coroner] picks up the deceased remains?

If you want to work in a mortuary, the place where deceased human remains are taken for preparation for funeralization or other final place of disposition, than check out something like this:
    American River College

I graduated from the old college that is gone now, which was San Francisco college of mortuary sciences. Many mortuaries are owned by big corporations now, even the small one in your home town that looks like it is family owned. If you do not have a lot of degrees in Mortuary Sciences, Management, etc. than you probably will not make it far. I graduated with an Associate of Arts degree in Mortuary Sciences, and now make a lot more money in the security system business than I did working for my boss and his boyfriend in the mortuary.

I hope my information helped you.
    The OP hasn't been back since March, I think this thread is done.

Thank you.
    motivated Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I'm just curious, why do you want to work in the morgue?
    I'm just curious myself... what did a man wearing a condom have to do with working in a morgue?? Just you just had to share that one with somebody!!

Oct 22, 2008, 12:00 PM

There are a lot of institutions out there that offer technical courses now-a-days. If you live in a big city then you should have a wide range of options available. There is a member of my family that has been working at the Harris County Medical Examiner's office now for about 32 years and when he started he didn't have a Mortuary Science degree. He sort of worked his way to that point. So I think that sometimes it is "who you know and not what you know!!!"
    Pets Expert

Oct 22, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by motivated View Post
    I'm just curious myself......what did a man wearing a condom have to do with working in a morgue???????? Just you just had to share that one with somebody!!!
    What? Are you talking about my signature? The words under my post that are colored? Those appear on every post I type, they are my signature, an option that everyone who becomes a member on this site has, even you.

You don't have to like the signature, you don't have to read it, that's you're choice.

My signature has nothing to do with the OP's question or my response, it's just my signature.

Why don't people learn how to use this site before they jump in and start acting rude, that's my question to you. :(

Oct 24, 2008, 02:55 PM

I am entitled to an opinion just as everyone else is on this site. You're right, I don't have to like it and I don't. But that's just "my" opinion. I hardly call that being rude so Ms. Ultra Member, my apologies to you!! I'll be sure to educate myself on trying the master the complexity of this website. Hope you're still having a good day!! :D

Oct 24, 2008, 03:02 PM
    I am entitled to an opinion just as everyone else is on this site. You're right, I don't have to like it and I don't. But that's just "my" opinion. I hardly call that being rude so Ms. Ultra Member, my apologies to you!!! I'll be sure to educate myself on trying the master the complexity of this website. Hope you're still having a good day!!! :D
    Oops!! Well looka here Ms. Ultra Member, looks like I screwed up again!! My response that I thought I was sending to you, looks like it may be in the wrong area! But, like they say-you learn from your mistakes -who knows... maybe one day I'll be as good as you.;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 24, 2008, 03:06 PM
    I am entitled to an opinion just as everyone else is on this site. You're right, I don't have to like it and I don't. But that's just "my" opinion. I hardly call that being rude so Ms. Ultra Member, my apologies to you!!! I'll be sure to educate myself on trying the master the complexity of this website. Hope you're still having a good day!!! :D

What? OMG, yes, you are entitled to your opinion, I was trying to clarify what a signature is, because you asked about it. You are the one who started this and when I told you what it was and why it appears you decide to once again be rude.

If you had read the rules and regulations and learned about the site, I wouldn't have had to tell you what a signature is or why it appears.

If you don't like my signature then don't read it, that's your choice. My choice, to ignore you and your rudeness.

Apology accepted, even though it wasn't sincere.

Good luck to you, enjoy the site while you're here.

Oct 30, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    What? OMG, yes, you are entitled to your opinion, I was trying to clarify what a signature is, because you asked about it. You are the one who started this and when I told you what it was and why it appears you decide to once again be rude.

If you had read the rules and regulations and learned about the site, I wouldn't have had to tell you what a signature is or why it appears.

If you don't like my signature then don't read it, that's your choice. My choice, to ignore you and your rudeness.

Apology accepted, even though it wasn't sincere.

Good luck to you, enjoy the site while you're here.
    You know, you are absolutely right. Once again "I apologize"... and this time it is sincere. I was completely out of line and rude. Please accept my apology. I had no right to insult you, nor was it necessary to make a comment about your signature.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Working in morgue [ 1 Answers ]

What type of training is needed to assist in a morgue if I am a certified medical assistant?

Working in a morgue [ 3 Answers ]

Do physician assistants work in morgues?

Working in a morgue [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for employment in a morgue . Can you tell me what type of education you need to work there

Working in a morgue [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for employment in a morgue . Can you tell me what type of education you need to work there.

What to do in morgue [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16. And I was wondering if its possible to get a job in a morgue at this age, or if not, if I could volunteer. My goal in lif eis to be a coroner so I want to start as early as possible.

View more questions Search