Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sb07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 03:00 PM
    Pubic hair
    I trimmed my pubic hair last night and today it itches really bad... I didn't go to short because I didn't know how short was to short. I was wondering if I do go shorter will it itch more or should I let it grow out a bit to get the itching to stop, if so what can I do till then to make it stop?:confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 03:04 PM
    If you shave it all the way off, it is going to itch, no doubt about it. To avoid this, always use a brand new razor, each time you shave/trim. Dull razors cause itch and razor burn. After you shave/trim, use a fragrance free moisturizer. This will help tame down the itch and reduce bumps.

The more you shave/trim, the more your body will get used to it. After a while, it should stop itching. Mine still itches every now and then if I go too long before the next time I shave.
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Mar 5, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Well you can shave it down to nothing make designs or whatever however for the red bumps and itching you can use an unscented deodarant check out this site. shaving pubic hair tips!! - HealthBoards Bulletin Board
    Or try a good moisturizer without fragarance. I do agree with the above mine still itch I shave often too.
    annomuss1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2008, 10:57 AM
    After a while your skin will get used to it. It won't itch any more and you will rarely razor burn. I shave mine and it took a couple of weeks for my skin to get used to it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pubic Hair [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry this is proably not even classed as a women's health type questiuon but I am new to this site and was very clueless on how to work it so I deicded to just write it under this section anywayz I come on here to ask. Has anyone ever just decided to trim there pubic hair with the scissors? I did...

Pubic hair [ 23 Answers ]

Hi! I am now 14 and I am just wondering what guys lik better! Trimmed All of it gone Or what I don't no what to do :confused: :confused:

Pubic hair [ 14 Answers ]

Im a virgin and not in a hurry to have sex. However, I've come to an age (18) where I'm worrying a little about what it would be like, since I feel ready to have sex but I am extremely self conscious. What I really worry about is pubic hair... now I know that it's all a preference whether it...

Pubic hair [ 2 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and were their was once black pubic hair it is now turning white from the ball sack upwards I do not understand this and it is highly annoying and it would be deeply embarrassing if I was to get with a girl well the pubic hair was once black then all of a sudden it started turning...

Pubic hair [ 3 Answers ]

I love my body but there's one thing I hate and it's pubic hair. I always seem to get these bumps/spots in the hairy region, sometimes they have erm... pus... in them though I usually pop them and clean them thoroughly with soap. The ridiculously curly hair doesn't make me feel any better. ...

View more questions Search