Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessicad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 03:16 PM
    My dog is very sick he cant keep anything down and is getting dehydrated
    He is very larthargic like he can't get cumfotable, and when I give him water within 5 or 10 minits he has thrown it up, he can't keep anything down. I know the symptoms of parvo but he doesn't have diahrea or anything, and I'm trying to keep high hopes, he is a pit bull who just turned 5 months on the 28th of feb. PLEASE HELP ME:(
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2008, 05:21 PM
    If he cannot keep anything down, it's time to go to the vet, ASAP, because he will starve if he can't eat, and he will die if he doesn't keep water down. He may have a parasite, infection, numerous things. Emergency vet would be a good idea for sure.
    kim510 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Stop spending time on this website and go to the vet ASAP. I have 3 dogs and I've had many others, there's nothing you can do that will cure your sick puppy. Go to the vet and see what they say. If there's something serious that you can't afford think for the animal's well being and do what's best for him or her. I know its hard I'm dealing with my 9 year old lab who has cancer but I promise it gets better.. GO TO THE VET!
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Mar 4, 2008, 06:52 PM
    It sounds like he might have eaten something he shouldn't have, possible blockage. If your dog is up to date on it's shots, I would guess it's probably not parvo. Get to the vet to have him checked out.
    Jessicad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Last night when I got off work I went home and laid down with him, and he started gasping for air like dry heaving and I panicked. So we rushed him to the vet, and they told me it was parvo, he has had some of his shots, but I guess he didn't get his parvo even though the vet I had gone to before told me she had given him everything. He is at the vet now and they tell me he is very far into it even though he's only been showing signs for 3 days, apparently he's had for about a week. From here on its touch and go, I went to see him this morning and it broke my heart he can't stand now and barely lifts his head, but he tried so hard for me. They said they have only lost one dog to parvo and will do anything they can to help me, thank you so much for e-mailing back.
    Thank You,
    Tanks MA'
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 01:41 PM
    Oh my goodness. I hope that your dog gets better soon!
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Mar 5, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Oh, honey I'm so sorry! I hope that your dog is OK! It's good that the vet has been able to cure lots of other dogs with parvo, so I hope things work out!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Try another vet... it sounds like they should have admitted him and watched him overnight.
    isabelgopo Posts: 58, Reputation: 7

Mar 17, 2008, 02:20 PM
    How is your puppy doing :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Trouble feeding my dog, recently severely dehydrated [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, my dog was recently was severely dehydrated, to the point where she could barely hold herself up at times. My family and I thought she was done for for awhile, but she is still pulling through. My problem is that she barely has eaten anything, and it's been a hassle with the little she has...

Child getting sick [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my little sis is vomiting all day and night it was yellow and no green and is weak and has a temp we don't know what is wrong could any body help

Sick dog [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is throwing up this brown stuff. And I don't know what is it!! :( :mad:

Sick Dog? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a lab. I've had him for about 10 years. Normally, he loves to play outside, Plays fetch, chases anything that comes in our yard, plays with the cat and other dog. Yesterday, he started acting funny. He doesn't care about doing anything. He will only go a few steps, then lays down. He went...

My dog is sick! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey my dog won't eat he has blissters on his mouth he is running a temp and has a swollen gland and I need 2 noe what it is fast so please help!! :eek:

View more questions Search