Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miriwonders Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Redness rashlike w bumpy tiny pimples on right cheek only!
    So I've been struggeling with this rash looking thing on my right face cheek since I was about 14 but now at 25 ist just annoying!
    The rest of my face has a bit of uneven tones both cheeks get flaky and dry! Especially when I apply my powder (this is no cheap powder either its by chanelle about 55 dllrs)
    I do have big pores. My nose at times looks like the skin of a strawberry.
    This rash is the wierdest thing! Its only that cheek, its always super red and on bad days which I never know why they are bad days to begin with, my cheek feels swollen, feels hot, like irritated and the tiny pimples that usually stay under the skin feel bumpy.

What is this? I did try to see a derm. But she wanted to do 5 sessions of some peel and it was 500 dllrs each session once a month sorry but I can't afford that!

Any suggestions on what it could be and how to treat it? Maybe change what I put on it I'm lost here
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 5, 2008, 12:54 AM
    Hi,

I really think you went to the wrong dermatologist for one thing! You should first see your MD. It could be something in your diet, an allergy to something, or even something more serious that can't be treated with an over-the-counter medication. You will probably get more answers here, and someone else might know what it might be, but I think your best bet is to get a diagnosis from your Dr. first, so you know what you're dealling with! :)
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 5, 2008, 04:49 PM
    It sounds like Perioral Dermatitis which is a form of Rosacea. Perioral Dermatitis is a skin rash that causes redness, small red bumps, and mild scaling. The tiny red bumps look a lot like acne or pimples. The areas most affected are the nose, around the mouth, chin and cheeks. You should go to another dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment options. If it's Periorial Dermatitis, it can be treated with oral antibiotics and topical medications such as such as metronidazole or benzoyl peroxide.
    Dontpoppimples Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2011, 11:22 PM
    Ive been having the same iritation on the right cheek. Go to dermitologist because it is very stubborn. I tried everything no sweets drinking lots of water ECT, but still it's there all the time! >_< The only cure is to get some medication from the doc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy Red bumpy Rash.What is it? [ 1 Answers ]

There is this rash that started small on my chest, but it looks like its spread a bit onto my one armpit area and a couple spots on my back, the rash is in like little groups The rash is red, and bumpy and itchy too, and it kind of looks like blisters. It is also very irritated, And hurts when...

Nair product leaving bumpy pussing rash [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am 15 years old and have been recently thinking about getting into sexual intercourse with my girlfriend. I consider myself really hairy, and thought about how to get rid or the excess pubic hair I didn't want. Without seeking for help first, I went straight to the store and bought Nair...

Puppy and swollen cheek [ 4 Answers ]

4mo old brittany spaniel. Woke up this am and she has a swollen lower lip toward the joint. She loves to chew fire wood. Should I be real concerned? She is still eating and drinking just calmer than usual.

Tiny tiny bumps [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, I am a virgin and have never done anything more than kissing.. I am only 15. I have kissed a person who is sexually active which is why I am worrying about this so much, that's was five months ago I would say. I was just browsing YouTube and stumbled across a herpes film. I got worried...

Bumpy Lawn [ 1 Answers ]

I have about 1 acre of lawn that I mow. The lawn is extremely bumpy. I have read that you should not roll the lawn, but instead aerate. Any suggestions? Thanks

View more questions Search