Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nskipper560 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 05:34 PM
    How to reset automatic transmission computer
    I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring convertible and the transmission leaked and when low on fluid. After having the leak fixed the transmission now shifts fine except when down shifting from 4th to 3rd gear. I heard that the transmission computer needs to be reset since when it went low the computer increased the pressure and the only way to fix it is to reset it. I tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but that didn't work. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank YOu
    ghoust25 Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Mar 4, 2008, 08:15 PM
    If the check engine lite isn't on the computer most of the time doesn't have a problem the pcm wich is your computer runs on a defalt system till the car temp reaches operating temp or in other words it worms up the pcm then moniters all the sensors and ajust accordingly to if the check einge lite is on take it to auto zone and have them check the computer its free and it take about 3min to do they will tell u what its doing and they will let u earse the er code
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2008, 06:21 AM
    The computer doesn't need to be reset if all you did was fix a leak.

Go to Chrysler and buy the input and output sensors for the transmission. They're a common failing part on the Sebrings and they're also the least expensive to start with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automatic Transmission Sensors [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. Can you tell me all the names of the "sensors" located on my automatic transmission?

John deere automatic transmission [ 7 Answers ]

I have a john deere lawn mover (L111) that has no power climbing hill and the longer that I mow the worse it gets. The engine runs fine and there is no noticeable change in the tone of the engine. But when I try to climb a hill I can hear a whine coming from the trans. Dose anyone have an answer, I...

Automatic transmission gear system [ 1 Answers ]

Why is an automatic transmission system not selecting?

New Craftsman Automatic Transmission Noise? [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought Craftsman Lawn Tractor, Kohler 21HP, Model No. 917.27662, with the Automatic Transmission, (speed lever on the fender) I have a little over an hour use on it. When taking off and especially climbing any hilly terrain, there is a noise that sound like dry, soft rumble coming from the...

Automatic Transmission has had 10-30 motor oil added [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, A 1998 Toyota Camera Trans was topped of with motor oil instead of Dexron. It has been driven some 2000 miles. Dip stick shows NO red color. Car has 160,000 miles. Trans has never been serviced. Should I drain, pump down several times and change filter or just leave it alone. One shop said...

View more questions Search