Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ariss101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Why do guys pretend not to like a girl when they do like her?
    There's this guy in my class and he pretends that he doesn't like me when I know he does like me. I know because last year he kept asking me if I liked him and he always stares at me and sometimes smiles. When he was my partner last year he'd do all the work and always help me on stuff. So why don't guys just admit they like the girl and ask her out?
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Feb 27, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Shyness, nerves, etc.
    It can be hard to tell someone how you feel, because of the possibility of rejection.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 28, 2008, 01:56 AM
    I bet you're being unfair and don't even realize it. How? Well, guys and girls think completely differently. But even if they didn't, why is OK to ask questions like "why doesn't he just do THIS?" or "Why doesn't he just say THAT?"

You imply that him just telling you makes everything OK, and it doesn't, does it? Maybe "telling" is how YOU would do it, but does that mean him not talking about feelings is wrong? Of course not. It's not fair to expect others to behave the way that makes sense to you, and I bet you wouldn't like if guys suggested you change the way you behave to be more like them, would you?

And lastly, since your question implies the right thing is to "just tell" how you feel, then can I assume you have done this very thing? You told him? Did you? Or did you sit back trying to interpret his thoughts from his smiles and stares? Hmm?

So, do what YOU think is natural. If his stares and smiles get your attention, then he may be getting the effect he wants. If you think talking about it should be the next step, then DO IT. Waiting for others to do what YOU want is pretty silly, especially if there's a chance what you want them to do may be completely contrary to their character.

Guys don't always verbalize well. Watch what they DO. Go with that.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Stop assuming, and questioning why, when all you have to do, is talk to him, like you want him to talk to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do guys look for in a girl ? [ 7 Answers ]

What do guys look for in their girlfriends? Do they expect us to make all the planning and call them when we want to talk? Or should we just sit back and wait for them to make the plans and call us ?

So.what do guys want from a girl [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not talking about the obvious... in a relationship? I'm assuming the same thing we want, honesty, love, trust? How many guys really want a serious relationship anyway? And how far does looks go?

What do guys want in a girl? [ 25 Answers ]

I am 16 years old, and I have been wondering what guys want in girls. You always see discussions about what girls want in guys, but guys have to want something too. I always seem to go for the wrong guys. I lost my virginity when I was 15 and I thought I loved him. He only wanted my body though. He...

Two guys, one girl [ 2 Answers ]

How do I choose between two guys, when I'm dating one, but he's being stupid, and the other is awsome but is my boyfriends best friend? :confused:

View more questions Search