Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    khowell5165 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 12:41 PM
    My poodle keeps gagging and vomiting a foamy substance,What can cause this to happen?
    My poodle keeps gagging and vomiting a foamy substance,What can cause this to happen?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2008, 01:57 PM
    Poisoning usually, get to a vet ASAP.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Feb 24, 2008, 02:11 PM
    Many dogs vomit a yellowish foam slime (bile) when their stomachs are empty. I changed my dog from one meal a day to TWO and had great success with reducing the occurrences.
    tashamarie80 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Feb 24, 2008, 03:24 PM
    I would say get to a vet also. My pomeranian did that once, she was foaming, vomiting and wouldn't drink her water. What we were told id that is fairly common in small breeds and thankfully she was OK but it is better to be safe than sorry.
    BLMiller1985 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Definitely get to the vet! I had the very same problem recently with my beagle/lab mix puppy, and the vet told me that it was possible that it was caused by allergies, internal parasites or even just stress. One way or the other, a visit to the vet is really the best option.
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Feb 27, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Don't let your dog eat leaves, plants, grass, bushes... It makes them throw up and gag in the process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Puppy throwing up clear liquid/white foamy [ 3 Answers ]

My question is pertaining to our 10 week old puppy. He was fine this morning, but for the past four hours has been throwing clear liquid and white foamy stuff up. He's wabbly on his feet also. I have since been told that he was chewing on our Angel Trumpet Plant. He has stopped throwing up, but...

Dog gagging/renching [ 2 Answers ]

I hope someone can help. My dog is a Kuvasz and he's 11 years old. Just recently he's been making a gagging/renching noise once he finishes taking a drink of water. I brought him to my Vet. And the Doctor felt that because he was getting older his mucus ("like older people mucus" quoted by the...

False teeth GAGGING too much to wear them [ 4 Answers ]

I got my dentures a month or so ago, they look and fit great the problem is that I gag SOOO bad when I try to put them I only last 15 - 20 min. Could someone PLEASE help me to be able to wear my teeth all day.

Pomeranian gagging [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a female pomeranian that has been gagging very hard all day long and I was just wondering What could cause this and what I can do about it... Thanks, :) :)

Gagging/phlegm [ 1 Answers ]

My 13 month old NSDT Retriever was gagging up phlegm (not his food) throughout the night (Saturday). We are at the lake and do not have close access to a vet. I carefully felt down his throat to see if anything was/is stuck and could not feel anything but he did have a lot more plegm in his...

View more questions Search