Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micbobpot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Taking down a ceiling fan
    How do I take down a Hampton Bay ceiling fan?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Micbobpot - First thing is to turn the breaker off to the fan . Now then get a #2 phillips screw driver , take off the fan blades at the motor, nekt drop the cover down up at the ceiling ( small phillips screws,loosen and let drop downyou will see three wires connected by a wire screw cap ,wires will be 1-black ,1 white ,and 1 bare copper wire un hook them thwen disconnect the fan motor from hanger and remove ( DROP DOWN) Put wirenuts back on the wires in the ceiling box and tape wit black elect. Tape with I hope this helps if it does rate my answer below GOD BLESS & GOOD LUCK ::: F.B.E.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2008, 05:50 PM
    Follow these instructions in reverse:

Ceiling fan installation - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

Hampton Bay Remote Ceiling Fan - light works - no fan [ 2 Answers ]

After about 4 months of use, this began to happen. I would try to turn on the fan (either Low Med or High) and the fan would barely turn. Sometimes it would work - this lasted for about 5 days. Since then, if you try to turn on the fan, you get no response. Now, the light will still turn on...

Ceiling light on makes ceiling fan turn off [ 6 Answers ]

I installed 2 ceiling fans yesterday in two separate and am having the same problem with both. Before I removed the old fans I disconnected 1 wire at a time from the ceiling to see what stopped working. So I think one wire is the neutral and made both light and fan stop working, 1 wire was for...

Ceiling fan wiring, 2 blk, 2 what, 1 red, 1 grn from ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to install a hampden bay minuet 2 fan. The prexisting ceiling wires consist of two black, two white, 1 red, and my ground wire. A basic lite fixture was installed previously and controlled by a single wall switch. The wall switch has 1 red on the bottom and two black on the top...

Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak [ 2 Answers ]

Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?

View more questions Search