Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachelsrp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 12:55 PM
    My period last for a month what could it be from?
    Yeah it started after I had my daughter about 4 years ago my period has been lasting me for a month at a time and I don't know what its from I'm currently not taking any pills or anything but I just want to know what it might be.:confused:
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Feb 24, 2008, 01:47 PM
    An irregular menstrual pattern may be an indication of ovulation problems and can be a major factor in infertility, however In order for a complete and accurate answer your medical history has to be examined fully. Is it heavy bleeding? Spotting? There are many things that can cause a woman menstruation to last so long. There are certain health conditions such as thyroids, endometriosis, fibroids, PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) hormone imbalance that can cause a period for a month. You did advise that you were not on any medications, however have you taken the depro shot? What is your age? I need more details in order to answer this question effectively. If this is a real concern to you in which it should be I advise you should see a doctor..
    slmckee12 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Are you currently on or have you been on either Depo-Provera Injection or the Ortho-Evera Birth Control patch? These products have hormones in them that cause your period to go wacky not only when you first start them, but also when you discontinue using them. If not, then it sounds like you may possibly be suffering from a hormone imbalance problem. The only way to be sure is to see a gynecologist and have a pap smear done. You can also see an endocrinologist who will measure your hormone levels to see if anything is unbalanced, but I would start with the gynecologist first. This could honestly be something as simple as a bleeding cyst or you could just need birth control pills to balance out your hormone levels. Either way, you need to see a professional, and since this is menstruation, you should start with the gynecologist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Took Plan B last month and no period this month. Could I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

The second week of last month,my boyfriend and I had sex with a faulty condom. We were both a little worried so I took Plan B the next day. The rest of the month went by smoothly until about the 27th when I went in to the doctor for a blood test because my period still didn't come. Well, the same...

Short Light Period last month, no period this month [ 6 Answers ]

In Nov. I had a short three day light unusual period. This month I have no period. I have taken a test and the results our positive. I am wondering how pregnant am I . Most of the calculators tell you to give the date of your last cycle. Should that be the last normal cycle ? Or does it make a...

No period for 5 month [ 3 Answers ]

I have always been pretty regular until about a year ago, when they started coming every other month. Now it has been 5 months and I still haven't had one. I have no medical insurance and can't afford to pay for a doctor. What should I do?

No period almost 12 month [ 2 Answers ]

I am 32,I have not had my period in 1 year, I did exercise regular but since last year I do it every day, 3 days per week body pump and the rest of weak swimming,airobic,. I just wondering if it can trigger that or there is some more serious.

Minnesota Month to Month Notice Period [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to understand the lease that I am dealing with if I required to give a 60 day notice that my landlord claims that is in effect in a tenancy at will (after the original lease ended)or 30 days notice as a month-to-month terms of MN Law apply? Minnesota Statute 504B.135 TERMINATING...

View more questions Search