Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amelian64 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Dimplex BN2805W31 Baseboard Heater - How do I turn it off?
    Hello. I'm new to forum.

I have a Dimplex BN2805W31 Baseboard header with a side mounted "knob" to control the amount of heat being distributed. This particular room is not used so I want to turn this unit off. Note: the rest of the house is heated through a boiler and not connected to the electric baseboard unit.

Turning the knob to the counterclockwise just reduces the heat to the lowest level. The other direction turns it on full force.

Does anyone know how to turn this particular type unit off? Detailed explanations welcomed.

Thank you.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Turn off the electric circuit breaker that supplies the heater.
    amelian64 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Thanks HVAC1000... worked perfect. I also saw you answer a boiler questions for another member... it was the same question I had.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. It is much appreciated.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 23, 2008, 04:34 PM
    All of us here try to help. There are a some very good posters on this board. Usually if one person does not hit the correct answer someone else will. Glad you got it fixed.
    plunky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2013, 09:56 AM
    I have demplex baseboard heater it is digital don't know how to turn on or off
    stealurface1976 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2014, 06:57 AM
    don't buy dimplex heaters... they are total crap... I have 4 of them in my house that just kick on randomly while in the off position...
    shxiayu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2017, 07:37 AM
    Hello amelian64, I have the same issue as yours, Could you please tell me how to find the electric circuit breaker of the heater?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 7, 2017, 02:32 PM
    Amelian posted this almost 10 years ago. Don't add to an old post, start a new one. You will need to trace the wire from the panel box. Look for something like "baseboard heater". Helps to know if 120 or 240VAC. Easiest thing , if you don't have a circuit tracer, is to turn off a suspect breaker and see if the heater goes off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wall heater pilot light lit, but cuts off when I turn heater on [ 6 Answers ]

I have a wall heater, the pilot light was out so I re-lit it a couple days ago and it went on.. about 4 hours later I noticed it was out again... same thing off and on for three days... this time I lit the pilot and turned the heater on it immeditly made a click sond and went out completely... it...

Banging noise when hot water baseboard turn on [ 11 Answers ]

My hot water baseboard system was bleeded two weeks ago when the water flowing noise was heard. Now, every time when heat turn on, there are several big bang noise from the pipes on my second floor. Please tell me what is going on and what I should do? I last week, I changed new expansion...

Dimplex 240v baseboard and thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

What gauge wire is recommended for connecting a double pole thermostat to a dimplex 240volt 2500watt 102inch baseboard heater? Also is there a diagram for this connection? Thanks

Baseboard Heater [ 1 Answers ]

I'm wiring a 240v 1500w heater and I ran a #12 wire because the circuit is also going to double as a A/C circuit for the summer. Anyhow I followed the wiring diagram on heater and wired to a 2pole 15amp and I turned on breaker and it popped so I pulled apart the heater and looked it all over again...

Baseboard heater help [ 2 Answers ]

I have to replace a missing baseboard heater 110 volt 1500 watt all I can find at home depot Lowe's etc is 220 volt can I use one of those hooked to 110 I do understand the output would be lower but actually don't need that much heat in that room anyway Thanks Gene

View more questions Search