Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wai1480 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 20, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Is it OK to date a college professor?
    The title says it all. It just a general question and please be honest.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 12:25 PM
    General question = general answer.

Yes. It is OK to date a college professor. Single college professors the world over would agree!

Is the hypothetical person who is dating a college professor a student? Because that would be a different story - and a less-than-general question! :)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
    If you do not have him/her for any classes you are currently taking and obviously if the student is 18 then I see no problem with it.
    anamia Posts: 25, Reputation: 7

Feb 20, 2008, 12:36 PM
    I am one of those people who regrets what I haven't done more than what I have... and I regret not following through with an affair with a professor my last semester. HE was smoking hot... and completely married, but ahhh there was a connection... did I mention he was smoking hot? ;) I never let it go anywhere, but sometimes, years later, a fleeting thought passes through my head and I wonder why I didn't. I smile thinking about it... and I remember him winking at me at graduation and then meeting his wife at graduation. But here is the thing - the idea is a great one, but perhaps the reality of it would suck?

We tend to put professors on a pedestal ebcause it's a taboo. Also - make sure you will never have to take on of his classes - it will strain your relationship and if it doesn't work out - you could have a really hard time. Also - prepare for the gossip. Even when you are in another class... people will gossip.

But - best of luck!

Feb 20, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the help. If get a little detail. Let's say he/she is not from the same college and over 18.
    Question A. Will it be OK if he/she is same sex?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 12:43 PM
    I still see no problem with it.
    anamia Posts: 25, Reputation: 7

Feb 20, 2008, 12:54 PM
    That makes it easier - being at a different school. I think in this day and age - gender isn't a big deal. My best friend is gay. Love is Love - doesn't matter who. Good luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 02:09 PM
    When you're a single and free adult, you can do whatever you want, with other single and free adults.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 20, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Yep, if you guys are both single adults, I don't see anything wrong with it. That's good that the other person is from a different school. If it doesn't work out at least you won't have to worry about seeing the person all the time in classes!
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Feb 20, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Both adults, both single, I see no problem with it either!

Feb 21, 2008, 06:17 AM
    I am just afraid people will take behind our back. I hope everyone can think the same like you guys. Today lots of people can't accept it. It was against the religions and tough to teach our kids in school.
    It felt so much better after to talk to all of you guys and gave me some supports.
    Have a good day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How much does an art professor make [ 12 Answers ]

I am going to an art school and I don't know what to major in that will give me a job. I am thinking about settling to be an art teacher. I would prefer to be a professor, but I have no clue how much they make. I will have to get a masters and I want to know that it will be worth all that time in...

How to write a letter to a professor [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to graduate this year, I want to apply to a graduate school overseas. But as I am not used to writing letters in English, not to mention to write to a profressor, would anybody please tell me how to write a letter to a professor?

Professor treats me like garbage [ 4 Answers ]

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I'm taking Financial Accounting, and have discovered that I may have a learning disability or two. I've taken a couple of preliminary tests, and there's a strong indication that I may have Dyscalculia and Adult ADD. I had two Business...

Professor of Education [ 4 Answers ]

My question is , I have been working as a Professor for the past 5 years, and now I was found to be and excon, I didn't think that after 18 years it would come out but it did, so since is so hard to be hired by a regular college , I was thinking maybe there is a government office that could used my...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

View more questions Search