Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    advisor231 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Forced air blowing cold air out of one vent, warm out of others
    We have a forced heating system and all of the rooms but one have warm air blowing out of the vents. Why would colder or cool air be blowing out of the vents in one room? Note that this room is much larger than the other bedrooms so I figured the force of the air might be split between two vents but I'm not sure why the temperature would be cooler than the rest of the rooms in the house. Any thoughts?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 20, 2008, 10:54 AM
    Bad install.
    Bad damper adjustment.
    Disconnected pipe.
    Some other form of blockage in pipe.

It is best to follow the duct from furnace to room if possible and inspect for problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my furnace blows out cold air when it should be blowing out hot air? [ 7 Answers ]

Why does my furnace blows out cold air, when it should be blowing hot air?

Furnace Heating : Cold air blowing from vent from one level/ Warm air in the other [ 1 Answers ]

Ours is a 2 level house (1995), both levels heated by the same furnace ( YORK Multiposition Gas-Fired Furnace MODEL P2MP 32-112 MBH OUTPUT) . We have two digital thermostats (Hunter Programmable type) located on each floor. We were out for a few days and when we came back the lower level is getting...

Furnace blowing cold air.starts out warm, goes to cold. [ 6 Answers ]

Hoping for help here. I recently had my ignitor replaced. Before that, the furnace wasn't working at all. Now it starts blowing warm (not hot) air, then gradually over a period of a couple of hours, the air cools down until it is completely cold and the temperature in the house drops drastically....

Air conditioner blowing warm air [ 3 Answers ]

My air conditioner is blowing warm air out, I called a local heat and air repair and they changed out the condenser. That did not work. I was told that I would need to get a new condenser fan motor, because it was "locked up". My question is, if the condenser fan motor is locked up would it even...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search