Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sallzsxc444 Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 12:41 AM
    Trouble breathing. Stressed out. Headaches
    Hey I'm 14 and I've been having a rough social life for about a year now and I'm having trouble breathing... it only started like half an hour ago and it has never happened to me before... if I don't think about breathing and force myself to breathe then I stop breathing... it feels like I'm not getting enough air even though I'm taking huge breaths... I'm having these huge headaches and I feel like I'm going to faint... is this from stress? Only just about 20 minutes ago I found out that my guy best friend (well used to be my guy best friend) hates me and I don't know why... he's a really nice guy who respects girls but he hates me... I know I did something wrong but I don't know what is was... I forget and I don't want to try and remember because I know if I think about it I will only just get more and more stressed out about it... so please tell me something I can do to calm myself down... it feels better when I don't breathe but I know I have to breathe so I only stop breathing for a maximum of 10 seconds... help me!! I'm scared!
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 19, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Because it feels better when you don't breath it seems like anxiety and that is very very common. It could be a few things. It could be Asthma, or you could have a anxiety disorder. For both of these problems you should see a doctor.
    1- A doctor will be able to tell you what it is.
    2- A doctor will be able to help you and direct you medications, or other useful methods of dealing with your problem. Here is a link for Anxiety... Remember, you may have a lot of the symptoms but actually have another problem. Anxiety can cause asthma attacks.
    Anxiety Attacks and Disorders: Symptoms, Types, and Treatment

Feb 19, 2008, 12:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Quinn
    Because it feels better when you don't breath it seems like anxiety. It could be a few things. It could be Asthma, or you could have a anxiety disorder. For both of these problems you should see a doctor.
    1- A doctor will be able to tell you what it is.
    2- A doctor will be able to help you and direct you medications, or other useful methods of dealing with your problem. Here is a link for Anxiety... Remember, you may have a lot of the symptoms but actually have another problem. Anxiety can cause asthma attacks.
    Lol I don't have asthma OK I don't have anything medically wrong with me so it can't be asthma...

Could it just be stress?

Feb 19, 2008, 01:00 AM
    LOL... After I had a bad break up, I had the same problem you do. When ever something would come up that caused me to get a little excited, I would simply be out of air. But if this just happened now and it is that severe, maybe you should think about seeing a doctor? I'm sure its stress, but why is stress doing this to a healthy 14 year old?

Feb 19, 2008, 01:04 AM
    LOL... After I had a bad break up with my daughters mother, I had the same problem you do.
    And you did what to stop it?

Feb 19, 2008, 01:11 AM
    I read up on anxiety, I got some medication to help me relax. Then it just went away after a few months, I was only on the medication for a little while. Now I only lose my breath when I watch America vote for their president.

Feb 19, 2008, 01:13 AM
    I read up on anxiety, I got some medication to help me relax. Then it just went away after a few months, I was only on the medication for a little while. Now I only lose my breath when I watch America vote for their president.
    Uh huh this won't last a few months its like only going to last like a night or something I just want to know like a breathing exercise to help it because its annoying me I can't concerntrate on anything but breathing and I feel weak in the muscles

Feb 19, 2008, 01:15 AM
    Go to the link I provided you and you should find some breathing exercises.

Feb 19, 2008, 01:16 AM
    You don't like going to the doctors?

Feb 19, 2008, 01:19 AM
    Go to the link I provided you and you should find some breathing exercises.
    What link?

Feb 19, 2008, 01:20 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difficulty in breathing [ 10 Answers ]

I smoke, and drink large amounts of caffine. At night when I am trying to drift off to sleep I have a terrifying feeling.. on and off for the first hour, it feels like no air is going in my lungs and it feels like my heart stops for around 3 seconds, in response to this horrible feeling I gasp...

Difficulty in breathing [ 2 Answers ]

Good day to you all. I am a 43-old female. I have been diagnosed with Mixed Connective tissues diorder seven years ago. I have been through different phases, non was severe, but all annoying-enough. Working in addition to all social obligtions as a wife and mother, and most of the time you keep it...

Breathing pain [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently I have had a sharp pain only when I breath in deep, right about the center of my chest right about where the center of the rib cage ends, but no numbness or anything in my arm, anyone think they might know what it means?

Breathing Problems! [ 18 Answers ]

Hiya I'm 15 years old and I've recently being having trouble breathing. Its been going on for about two weeks and I'm really scared! What could be wrong with me? Could it be something serious? Please help I'm so so so so scared!

Milk and breathing [ 2 Answers ]

I drink a LOT of milk and I have been told that this can affect my breathing. Is this true because I do run out of breath easily?

View more questions Search