Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostwithoutyou Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 06:59 PM
    My fiancé passed away, what do I do without him?
    8 weeks ago the man I was suppose to marry was killed in a car accident. My whole life has come to a halt, I am numb from head to toe, I think about him every minute of everyday and I cry all the time. Every night I go to bed hoping to not wake up, and every morning I wake up hoping to die. He was my soul mate through and through, we were made for each other and planned our future together. Now I just don't know what to do? I keep hoping that it has all been a mistake & that my angel hasn't gone but I know deep down that he has. We were supposed to get married and I cannot imagine being with anyone other than him. He always promised me that he would never leave me so I always thought he would be there until the day I died but our life together was cut short and I can't bear it. I try and pretend that he is lying next to me in bed but I know he isn't. I just don't know what to do with out him, I talk to him all the time in the hope that his ghost may appear or that he may send me a sign but nothing has come. Please help me I'm close to suicide. Thank you

* ~ * ~ * The Day He Died, I Died Too * ~ * ~ *
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 13, 2008, 07:19 PM
    I am so sorry to hear that. My condolences. You are grieving, it is a process and it's normal. Is there someone else a part of his family you can share your grief with?
    Maybe find a grief counseling group, others going through this. You can talk and get support.
    kandyfruitcake Posts: 67, Reputation: 18

Feb 14, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lostwithoutyou
    8 weeks ago the man i was suppose to marry was killed in a car accident. My whole life has come to a halt, I am numb from head to toe, i think about him every minute of everyday and I cry all the time. Every night i go to bed hoping to not wake up, and every morning i wake up hoping to die. He was my soul mate through and through, we were made for each other and planned our future together. now i just don't know what to do? I keep hoping that it has all been a mistake & that my angel hasn't gone but i know deep down that he has. we were suposed to get married and i cannot imagine being with anyone other than him. He always promised me that he would never leave me so i always thought he would be there untill the day i died but our life together was cut short and i can't bear it. i try and pretend that he is lieing next to me in bed but i know he isn't. I just don't know what to do with out him, i talk to him all the time in the hope that his ghost may appear or that he may send me a sign but nothing has come. Please help me I'm close to suicide. thank you

You poor love, my heart goes out to you, do you have family you can talk with, and what about his family? Ae you close to them, can you talk about him with them?

It's still early days to be looking for signs of him sweetheart, you're still way too raw, in too much pain. He's not with you in body, but the love will always be there, and so will the memories. He wouldn't want you to live in such agony, so for both your sakes, you must seek help, and try to do the best you can, and not try to join him.

I read a story last week that was from a young girl who'd lost her fiancé just weeks prior to their wedding. It was bitter-sweet - she had their rings blessed in a small service in church on the day they would have wed, and she still wore them. You could also write - write the story of when you met, and how you're feeling - each day do your diary entry, and try to finish with a sweet memory in your book. This sounds hard, but it's a small routine that can be a comfort. Have his picture by you when you write - grieving's natural, you need to release those tears.

No, you can't imagine loving anyone else and you probably never will love anyone in the same way that you two had, but one day, you will turn that corner. He'll see to that, because with him loving you as much as you so obviously and deeply love him - he won't want you to be alone. You owe it to him to do the best that you can, and live your life the best that you can, for both of you. Sending you deepest hugs, and sympathies.xxxxx
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 14, 2008, 11:35 AM
    Losing a love one is so very hard, I have had two wives pass away and the pain and loss is so hard.

First you have to remember what would they want for us, they would want the best, and they would want us to be happy. There is no fast and easy cure, time helps as the pain turns into memories of the good times together. For me, I did find someone new, they never replace the other person, they are merely a new part of my life moving on, but the other person who passed will always be another love in my life that also never ends either.

The writing is a great idea, I talked and still talk to them both sometimes.

As for as loving someone else, you may or you may not, that only the future and life can tell. But no matter this love will always be yours and his, and he will live in you as long as you live.
    lostwithoutyou Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 08:32 AM
    How do you talk to a loved one who's passed on?
    I really want to get in contact with my fiancé I miss him sooo much please help x
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Feb 15, 2008, 06:29 PM
    I really want to get in contact with my fiance i miss him sooo much please help x
    Please know that I am with you in your time of loss. It is never easy to go through what you are going through. But please know that you are far from being the only one experiecning this fracas at this time. Literally thousands and thousands of people pass away from this Earth every week from all countries. Why? Because "death" is actually a very important part of life. From the moment our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ died and then Resurrected He gave Christian Believers in Him the same ability.

I know it is hard but it is hard for so many across the globe as well yet they cope knowing that the higher power of God is within them to help them in their time of need. He will help you too, just have Faith in Him!

You also ask how can one communicate with one who has passed on. Please know that your loved one is right there with you only he exists in a higher vibration now and that is the reason you cannot see him or hear him as before. There is, in effect, no "death". It is simply a process of shedding one's physical body and stepping into one's spiritual body and living on and on for eternity! So there is great hope! When he is ready, he may start giving you subtle signs which you should look out for.

In the meantime, you may wish to visit the following wonderful website! May God Bless you especially during your difficult period and always! I send you a strong hug, dear one.

How to Make Contact with Your Loved One
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 06:40 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss, but for me, you just talk, for some you write them letters. I used to go visit her grave on a regular basis, then I got to going to a quiet place and telling her all about my day.

So if you want to talk to him, just talk to him,
    There is no real way to "communicate" with him, as in you and he talking back and forth But you can know that his love is with you always.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 09:21 AM
    I find myself "talking" to my Dad all the time.

When I was a little girl we used to go camping with the YMCA... he and I would always stay up and watch the stars come out. Ever since then Orion has been "our" special constellation. Even though he has been gone for four years, I still find Orion every night and talk to him.

Find something special that you and your loved one shared and use it as a remembrance. Mine is Orion. Maybe yours will be a special restaurant.

There is nothing wrong with talking with your loved one...
    lindsayminar Posts: 51, Reputation: 6

Mar 2, 2008, 09:26 PM
    Would your fiancé want you to give up? If you are feeling suicidal you need to go to the doctor or hospital ASAP!

Find a grief counselor, or psycologist to help you organize your feelings. Also when I lost someone I loved I tried to re-focus my emotions into hobbies, my passion is photography, yours might be painting, or writing. Remember that he LOVES you and will always love you from heaven. He would only want he best for you.
    sissy534 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2008, 10:24 PM
    I recently lost my exhusband on March 2, 2008. I had taken him back after 13 years of not seeing him or talking to him. We lived together for about 2 years and I was mad at him for drinking and made him move out again he died 2 weeks later. I haven't seen a good enough sign that he is here with me. I thought I would feel something right away.
    I even sleep with his ashes(kinda crazy) I stay up late so I can actually sleep without waking up all night thinking about it. Im trying to think that the love we had was so special that I had it again for that short time and try not to blame myself Im tryng to stay busy. So I know what you are going through. Just take it one day at a time and stay strong
    John31 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2008, 01:20 PM
    I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost my fiancée Jan. 16th. She passed away due to a blood clot on her brain. She was here one day and gone the next and I am so lost without her now. We spent every day together when we were not working. She was my life and I keep holding to that, but it hurts so bad. I keep looking, reading and wanting her to send me some sort of sign. I know God has a reason for taking her from me, but I feel so cheated at life. I knew when we first met, she was my soul mate. She was the most down to earth and loving person. She stole my heart from the start. I know what you are experienceing. She too, promised me she would never let me go. I keep repeating that in my head. Christy was very religious and had a life full of religious up bringing and knew God had a answer for everything. I still remember her tell me, when I had a bad day that God has a reason for everything. I just have to keep those words in my head, but it doesn't make it any easier, when I think that I will never have her again. I too, have had many thoughts of not wanting to live life without her, but I know God and I know if I were to try to make my way to her, in some other means, I would never have her again. You and I have to keep in mind, that someday we will see them again. It doesn't see like it will be now, tomorrow or ever, but if there is one thing she did for me, its brought me closer to God. Only God knows when we will see them again, but I want to touch her or tell her so much. I pray for dreams or anything to have her close again. We just have to hope, that this pain will someway ease and we will be able to continue, but its not going to be easy. Please, remember that we will see them again, but only on Gods terms. Don't risk lossing him for ever. You will have him again, as I will have Christy. If you need to talk, please post email or I will post mine.

John
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 03:13 PM
    My heartfelt condolences and best wishes to you all.
    janet nolene Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2008, 03:10 AM
    8 weeks ago the man i was suppose to marry was killed in a car accident. My whole life has come to a halt, I am numb from head to toe, i think about him every minute of everyday and I cry all the time. Every night i go to bed hoping to not wake up, and every morning i wake up hoping to die. He was my soul mate through and through, we were made for each other and planned our future together. now i just don't know what to do? I keep hoping that it has all been a mistake & that my angel hasn't gone but i know deep down that he has. we were suposed to get married and i cannot imagine being with anyone other than him. He always promised me that he would never leave me so i always thought he would be there untill the day i died but our life together was cut short and i can't bear it. i try and pretend that he is lieing next to me in bed but i know he isn't. I just don't know what to do with out him, i talk to him all the time in the hope that his ghost may appear or that he may send me a sign but nothing has come. Please help me I'm close to suicide. thank you

My heart is with you, 7 weeks ago my boyfriend died but in my situuation I could have saved him, I knew something was way wrong, and I let his 19 year old son convince me he was fine, just really drunk when I left at 7:15 am, when I came back at 3:00 his friends were sitting around the tabe drinking beer waiting for tony to wake up, Tony NEVER sleeps past 8:00 am EVER I knew he was dead before I even opened the bedroom door, This didn't have to happen, guilt and grief are wearing me down, Stay srtong lady, remember the good times and know that at least you didn't fail him
    docdeblee Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Unfortunately, thousands of people deal with death of a loved one every single day.. tho we feel isolated and alone, we aren't.. there is someone else crying for their son, daughter or spouse too... find a bereavment group, call the hospital, they will know of one. Call a minister.. Your mate was taken for a reason, we do not know why... but you have to keep on living, and let him live inside of you... It is very painful.. I know myself. Your mate would want you to continue living.. We have to go on.. that's the plan.. Time will mend and ease your pain. Surround yourself with those who love you and focus on doing and living the things your mate wanted to do.. do it for him. Believe there is a reason and GOd will help you through this pain. GOd Bless
    anthony86 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 06:21 AM
    I'm deeply sorry to her about that and all that I can tell you is that you will see him again. I know that you are going through terrible time just remember to have faith and I promise you everything will be all right. I honestly will pray for you. Because if someone I truly loved died I would feel the same way.
    anglblu_eyes32 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 05:06 PM
    I too lost the one I love. Some moments are harder than others. I go back and read his emails full of love and concern for me. I read where I had planned a night with the girls and he encouraged me to go and have a good time and know that he loved me. One of his last messages to me was that he loved me and wanted me to be happy. I hold those things close as I mourn the loss of him. I have three children (not his) that I HAVE to live for. My sons have no "father" and my daughter's dad can never have custody so I am all they have. So, my motivation is them. I have talked to my closest friends and asked them to help me help myself. I'm very independent and that wasn't easy to do, but for my kids, myself and my love I have to. I'm trying to believe I can find a way to live, not merely exist as time goes by and I hope that you can and will do the same.

I hear and feel your pain and would be more than willing to talk if ever you want/need.

My heartfelt sympathy and best wishes to you.

Bette
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

May 17, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Keep his love in your heart. Bereavement counseling is a good thing too. It is hard. I lost my first wife after 13 years,, we were high school sweethearts. Be strong. You will survive.
    xena 777 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 03:55 AM
    I am going through much the same but as the others here have said God takes our mates for a reason and we shoukd be excited that we have the chance too meet with them again!! God Bless, stay strong! I pray for an angel too wrap their wings of comfort around you always!
    anglblu_eyes32 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2008, 05:09 PM
    The days are slowly getting easier to get through. I have surrounded myself with friends as well. They surround my with their friendship and reach for me when I haven't been able to ask them to. I can laugh without crying now and can say my days aren't too bad, which is drastic progress. I know he loved me deeply and that I was on his mind at the end. That brings comfort that I didn't have before... Thank you for your kindness and support!
    chaga Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lostwithoutyou View Post

I too lost my fiancé sept 6/08 and feel much likeyou, I have thought of suicide however in doing that I will never seemy sweetheart again, ilive min by min, second by second,think I am going tocrazy at any given moment, and then feel quilty when sometimes I am notcrying, he is my besfriend,I miss him somuch, and don't know what todo without him,I wake up every dam day,prior to sleep ihave 2 wishes, 1, please let him come to me in a dream, 2 please don't let mewake up.

Please email me iwouldlike to know how you are doing.

Best wishes
    Rose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My grandfather passed away [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am Carolina and I live in Argentina. I lived a year and a half in New York but still there are cultural things that I don't know how to handle. Last Monday my grandfather passed away and I sent an e-mail to my friends that live in the US and other countries, the ones from US answered me...

My ex passed away [ 6 Answers ]

Okay.. I recently lost an Ex boyfriend], because the night before he passed away we argued about him and I getting back together and I was with another guy] at the time. Mitch wanted me back and I had wanted him back just as much. Well, he asked me how I was going to end it with Eric, who I was...

Just passed out [ 1 Answers ]

I'm pretty sick and I just passed out it scard me so much I need help please and I have the chills and a horrible head acke please help me:(

Enough time passed? [ 1 Answers ]

It's been 4 months since I had color correction on my hair and it was damaged. We have been depositing a med golden brown color only... no highlights. I have been using deep conditioning treatments. My hair is very grey at the top and the roots are very bad within 2-3 weeks. I want to know if...

Dog passed away [ 2 Answers ]

My dog reccey passed away 4 weeks ago.he was always a big eater.he had his shots,then he started losing weight,he went from 14 to 9 pounds in 3 weeks.he would paw at his mouth when he tried to eat.sometimes he would paw at his mouth when I would just show him food.he was vomiting a clear liquid.his...

View more questions Search