Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mperk Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Goodman furnace doesn't come on.blower doesn't start
    Hi, I have a Goodman Furnace GMP075-04 about 9 years old.. it doesn't come on when I switch my thermostat to heat... I replace the ignitor last year and it worked fine until now... blower doesn't come on either... I tried turning the air conditioner on and it works fine... I have went through the routine of turning off the gas, unplugged power, wait 5 min, turn on gas, plug in power and nothing... any suggestions...
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Does the furnace do anything when you turn on the heat? By the way that furnace needs a safety inspection, be prepares to replace the furnace or heat exchanger. Sorry, but your health is worth more than a furnace.

Dec 27, 2007, 12:53 PM
    No, it doesn't do anything when turned to heat..
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2007, 07:56 PM
    If the system will not try to come on at all after you reset the power. You may have a vent limit or flame rollout limit tripped and they are manual reset you will have to push a button in the center of the limit to get it to reset. A bad inducer motor or inducer control will have the same symptom. You should have a blinking light on the control board that gives you the code telling you what's wrong.

Dec 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
    Thanks T-Top, I removed the cover panel to check the circuit board and the status light blinks continuously... the recommendation on the panel states there is an equipment problem with either incorrect Twinning or incorrect primary polarity... and the fix is to reverse Transformer secondary leads and reverse primary wires... I see the transformer but am not sure of what to reverse... there are lots of wires going everywhere and I don't want to make a simple problem worse than what is already.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 12:41 PM
    Don`t go to switching any wires,, if it worked yesterday or last week, or last month,, these wire are OK and don`t need switching,, count the number of short blings that come between the longer space of no blinking
    Ultra Member

Dec 29, 2007, 01:13 PM
    A fast continuos blinking light is polarity incorrect. A slow blinking light with a pause and then blinks again will be a deferent code. Have you done any electrical work on your house the past few days, any fuses blown or breakers thrown? If so the light for incorrect polarity may be correct.

Jan 2, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Hi guys,
    I turned the power off from my unit at the breaker and left it off for 24 hours.. after that I closed the gas valve... waited 5 minutes and turned everything on and opened the valve and my furnace lit and is working... We have heat... Thank you for all the info
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 03:31 PM
    You do realize the probability of broken eyelets in that furnace at 9 years of age is very great. This failure will release carbon monixide into the house. Maybe you can put a canary over one of the registers. When he falls off his perch it is time to replace the furnace. Just a joke. Please have it inspected.
    OmahaJoe Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2008, 12:44 AM
    Have your Goodman replaced with a GOOD furnace. Ggodman is crap. Mine is three months old and the "company", Park and Sons or Emergency heating and Repair in Omaha Nebraska, doesn't back his product. What a surprise, eh? The lowest bid is a crook. Get rid of the Goodman, go with a reputable furnace company. There is a reason no one has heard of Goodman. They are worthless
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Actually Goodman is a well known furnace company and they hold a large part of the HVAC market share. But that fact alone doesn't make them the best quality product or insure the installing company is of the highest integrity.
    OmahaJoe Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat
    Actually Goodman is a well known furnace company and they hold a large part of the HVAC market share. But that fact alone doesn't make them the best quality product or insure the installing company is of the highest integrity.
    I'd heard that they are #2, and have a good rating by whoever rates those things. I'm sure I have had mine installed by a lousy contractor, and I'll be reporting Park and Sons, and Emergency Heating and Repair of Omaha Nebraska to the BBB.
    What are my chances in small claims court? I'm sure the guy wouldn't even show up.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
    We can pick faults out with any brand. They all have a weak point from just trying to get ahead of the game. (any and all brands)
    dynalowsoldier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 08:10 AM
    I have a Goodman GMPN048-3; s/n 9809613738. There was an old (9702 date code) Janitrol 4-wire thermostat on the wall which I replaced with a W/R NP100 digital, non-programmable. Now, the furnace will fire up but the sequence shuts off after 5 seconds. It will do this a few times then, maybe, the furnace will cycle on and run normally. It never functions the same way twice.. in a row at least.

I've reset the furnace per the door switch and 24v "light" switch too. The control board has never flashed any sort of fault code, not once.

HELP!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman blower motor will start when hand spun. Capacitor? [ 4 Answers ]

I posted before about my air handler not kicking on. I crawled up to the attic. I found that if I spin the blower motor once by hand, the unit will run normally until it is turned off. Then, it won't start as before. Is this the capacitor on the side of the blower? It is a Goodman heat pump...

Goodman furnace blower buzzes, doesn't blow and then turns off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this forum and wonder if someone could help me out. I recently came home and noticed a bad smell in the house. I wondered if it was gas, but my wife described it as a burning rubber smell. This is what is happening. The furnace turns on. The flames are burning real good and...

New Gas Goodman furnace won't start! [ 1 Answers ]

I have this problem with a brand new gas furnace, it was installed a few days ago. The heater won't work and the ac blower shuts off immediately when in ac mode. I believe the wiring is OK. The gas won't click and nothing happens when you try to start the heater from the thermostat. I bridged W &...

Goodman AC/Furnace: condenser not coming on after installation of new blower motor [ 6 Answers ]

Have and outside Goodman AC unit and Goodman furnace (inside duh!). Anyhoo, after installing new blower motor the AC unit will not kick on. Have reset outside breaker, and double checking wiring on controller board on furnace, noticed one blue wire was disconnected, reconnected that and still not...

Goodman Furnace will not start [ 4 Answers ]

I have a new Goodman 80% natuaral gas furnace, GMH80451ANA. After installed, it fired right up and ran for about 30 minutes and burned off the smell from the exchanger tubes. Ran it a second time for another half hour or so, then it would not fire up again. The only thing I did was to change...

View more questions Search