Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mwha Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 08:35 AM
    Lightening skin with lemon and glycerin
    My grandma used to tell me that mixing lemon with glycerin and putting it on face and dark areas of the body overnight would lighten skin but I have to do it for 1 month to see the result.. is that true?? does mixing lemon and glycerin and putting it daily overnight really work to lighten skin?? :confused:
    lovie1 Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Well I mixed lemon in my monobenzone crream and it has you peeling like crazy. And rather quickly too. But I put a lot of lemon in it too. So. I say yes.
    Lemon is a strong acid that peels the skin and it also is strong enough to dilute mono powder. ( a recent discovery).
    SunshineNY Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2008, 08:10 AM
    I heard glycerin was also good for marks and stretch marks
    lovie1 Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineNY
    I heard glycerin was also good for marks and stretch marks
    Never used it for that purpose. But hey, it may work:)
    palmssecretusa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Some of our clients use our kalamansi soap (Which contains lemon extract) to lighten their skin.
    roji30 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 10:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mwha
    my grandma used to tell me that mixing lemon with glycerin and putting it on face and dark areas of the body overnight would lighten skin but i have to do it for 1 month to see the result ..is that true???does mixing lemon and glycerin and putting it daily overnight really work to lighten skin?????:confused:
    Yes it works. But not for pigmentation.
    bigeyes678 Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2008, 05:59 AM
    It broke me out. I didn't use it on my face, but Ive tried it on my knees and it broke my knees out. I don't think my skin can take lemons

Feb 16, 2008, 10:58 AM
    I also heard mixing mono with castor oil is good as well.

Feb 17, 2008, 11:11 AM
    I made a 2nd mono batch last night using lemons, I used BHT to preserve the lemon used, Rosemary Oil Extract and Liquid Germall Plus to keep bacterial from growing into my mixture and it can last longer without spoiling. If you do not preserve the lotion you make, bacteria can grow into your lotion and if it gets into your eyes, it may cause blindness.
    HCI Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 04:47 AM
    Yes glycerin is very good even to reduce cellulite

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A3 lemon skin lightener? [ 3 Answers ]

Has anybody used A3 lemon skin lightener(A3 is the company)?. if you have how long did u see results with it?.

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

Skin lightening [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking about trying a skin lightening product called meladerm. I've researched it and its supposed to be the #1 skin lightening treatment. Does it really work? Is it safe?

Lemon on Skin? [ 4 Answers ]

I've heard that if you put lemon juice on your skin while tanning that it brings out more freckles... Is this true? :confused:

View more questions Search