Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremyqtran Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Monitor says no signal.how to fix it?
    My PC beeps 2 times as it powers up, and then gives no signal on the monitor. Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Check your cable that plugs into the PC, unplug and replug tightly
    If same things happen and have access to another known working monitor, try the other monitor
    If other montor works and you plug the original back in and nothing again, then the monitor is bad
    If other knoen working monitor does same and no signal, then the video card is bad
    squinter Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2008, 01:49 AM
    Could also possibly be to do with RAM , take your ram sticks out and then reseat them until you hear them click into place.

Feb 11, 2008, 12:00 AM
    I tried everything you guys suggested. Nothing worked. What else can I do?
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 09:34 AM
    So you did try another monitor, did that other monitor work?

Feb 11, 2008, 10:52 AM
    I did try with a different monitor, also said no signal. In fact, I put the video card in a different card too, the card worked there.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 12:23 PM
    If you put another monitor and same thing happened, and you put the video card in another computer and it worked - you have elimintated you monitor and the video card as the problem, Only thing left is, the system board has a problem
    breakstuff Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2011, 03:50 AM
    I try that before Jeremyqtran but the solution is just remove your RAM and then your video card if you have..
    then try put it back into their slots where you get theme. Make sure the vga cable is properly plug to the monitor and in the system unit.

^ ^ try that tips^ ^
    blackrose5131 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 06:27 AM
    Thnks a lot... muuaahhh... I like this solution...
    shyroie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2011, 10:24 PM
    Q: my CPU is on but no signal input on my MOnitor how to fix this?
    D3V1NY4N6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 12:01 PM
    This work for a friend, you remove the power cord and hold on the power button for 30 sec. to a minute, plug the power cord in tightly and turn it on and it will work. Other problems might be the v card or RAM... Adjust them so they fit properly or buy a new v card (video card)
    elgregol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
    U guys are just great ! I just removed the RAM and voilą ! The signal was back. Thanks

Greg Lloyd
    terrill142 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2012, 08:42 AM
    In ref. to CPU being on and monitor displaying "no signal," I saw this suggestion on another site:
    Leave the CPU on. Hold the power button to the monitor down. While holding the power button to the monitor down, unplug the monitor from the CPU. Continue to hold the power button to the monitor down for 1 minute. Still holding the button to the monitor down, plug the monitor cord back into CPU.
    This had a lot of good feedback. Not sure if it works, but doesn't hurt to try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor has no signal [ 3 Answers ]

G'day, My computer stopped working last week, initially was unable to turn the computer on or it would turn on but then stop (No beeps). Was initially told by a colleague that it could be a case of my hard drive has fried! Have started to replace hard drive but still have same problem. Am not...

Monitor no signal [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a graphics card that doesn't work for my PC,as in there are no beebs,and the monitor stays blank when I turn it on with an amber light, I have a ic7-g motherboard and the graphics card ati radeon 9800 pro doesn't work for my mobo and I dunt know why(it should work,other people...

Monitor no signal [ 1 Answers ]

When I was using the computer, suddenly heard the sound like turn off, then the monitor display no signal. I cannot do anything except power off the PC by push the power button. When I reboot the system, everything is working fine. However next day I got the same problem again. It causing me lose...

Monitor No Signal [ 6 Answers ]

I restarted my PC yesterday and when I brought it back up, my monitor wouldn't go on. After I turned the monitor on it just said "No Signal" :mad: The PC does not beep at all when I turn it on. I tested the video card and ram and it's not that. I checked the connection from video card to...

No Monitor Signal [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I recently tried to install a Radeon 9550 256mb AGP, on a compaq. Being the idiot I am I did not uninstall the on-board video first, I inserted the videocard and now I get no signal to the monitor, I have tried removing the Radeon and using the onboard video again, but still no picture. All...

View more questions Search