Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kokisun2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Connect A computer to another computer wireless
    Can I Connect computer to another computer wireless without router or access point
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Feb 11, 2008, 08:06 AM
    A computer to computer connection is called an Ad Hoc network. When your wireless adapter in your computer performs a discovery of nearby devices, it should also see other computers and wireless networking devices.

One of the options in your Wireless Software on your computer is to set up an Ad Hoc network. This is where you set up your computer to computer connection. Once this is done, you will then be able to share files providing that both computers are enabled for File and Printer Sharing.
    daniekdk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 12:06 AM

How to connect my other computer
    olivesandtrees Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2008, 02:53 AM
    Please see Microsoft's documentation of setting up a ad-hoc network with Windows XP Windows XP: Set up a wireless network without a router

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I connect two monitors to one computer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to connect two monitors to one computer so I can view large spreadsheets without scrolling over. Any advice?

How can I connect 2 networks with 2 NIC's with 1 Computer [ 1 Answers ]

I am running windows XP. I am trying to use one computer with two NIC's to connect to two different networks. One network is just your basic LAN connecting to a server (we call it 2000 Server cause its running 2000 Server) with internet access. The other network has a server running automated...

How to connect my other computer [ 2 Answers ]

I can't not have a internet in my other PC! :confused: I have a three unit but the 2 PC has no internet I can't connect but ihave the internet fastswitch port 100/10mbps how to connect the two computer in my server and how they can connect to internet:(

Can't direct connect 2 computer with ethernet [ 6 Answers ]

Hey I have 4 computers connect to the net using my router I was told to connect another computer I would have to direct connect with ethernet cable anyway I done that and I can share files trough network places but for some reason I cannot acess net on the 5th computer can anyone help me??

How to have two computer connect wireless [ 3 Answers ]

Two computer wiriless How to have two computer connect wiriless

View more questions Search