Ask
    clafairey Posts: 153, Reputation: 46

Jan 28, 2008, 02:09 PM
    This is some of my Art work, Hope they uploaded properly.lol
    Attached Images

Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Hey, that's really nice work that you have done there, Claire! What are the mediums that you used and what have you named each of them, if you have named them?

Jan 28, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Thank you! The first one I named "integration," a mosaic, The second is "Arc De Triomphe," another mosaic. The third one I named "Explosive Emotion" and is done in oils, and the fourth I named "Chance" and is also done in oils.
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 02:56 PM
    I don't think that you have posted on this thread before today. If you have, then I must have missed it. Have you previously posted on this thread?
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clafairey
    Thank you! The first one I named "integration," a mosaic, The second is "Arc De Triomphe," another mosaic. The third one I named "Explosive Emotion" and is done in oils, and the fourth I named "Chance" and is also done in oils.
    It was great seeing new work on this thread. What size are your mosaics? When you have time, please write short description of what you used on the glass (oil or acrylics) and what you used for the filler between. I did mosaics a lot of years ago and I can't recall if I painted the glass, broke it, then glued it? Then what I used to fill in spaces.

Each of your pieces offer something new and different to the viewer. Please post more of your work. These were delightful. :p

Jan 28, 2008, 03:19 PM
    No I haven't posted on this thread before but I looked through some of the work and think it is brilliant!

The mosaic tiles aren't painted, they are coloured glass tiles that my art tutor supplied for me, and the filler between is just ready made grout, sometimes just use ordinary plaster/filler in between if I'm low on money, it goes further too.lol I use PVA glue to stick them down. I sometimes colour the filler that I use too, I put acrylic paint in with the mix.

The sizes of the mosaics are in between A1 and A2 size, I have them stored at my parents so I can't get the measurements.lol

Going for a job interview on Weds to run a mosaic class at a community centre, wish me luck!lol

Jan 28, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Some more of my oil paintings. I have one more mosaic that is done within a painting, but the files too large at the moment, I'll resize it and post it when I can.
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 03:41 PM
    No I haven't posted on this thread before but I looked through some of the work and think it is brilliant!

The mosaic tiles aren't painted, they are coloured glass tiles that my art tutor supplied for me, and the filler inbetween is just ready made grout, sometimes just use ordinary plaster/filler in between if i'm low on money, it goes further too.lol I use PVA glue to stick them down. I sometimes colour the filler that I use too, I put acrylic paint in with the mix.

The sizes of the mosaics are in between A1 and A2 size, I have them stored at my parents so I can't get the measurements.lol

Going for a job interview on Weds to run a mosaic class at a community centre, wish me luck!lol
    Thank you for your reply! I appreciate the information. I do wish you the best on your interview. Keep us posted! I am wanting to begin doing some mosaics again so your post was so timely. Are your mosaics on thick board? The ones I did were but makes them so heavy. You mention sizee A1 or A2. Would that be approximately 8x10 inches, 11x14 inches, one foot by two foot. I am not familiar with A1 or A2. You will learn that I am always full of questions.

Again, best of luck to you on your interivew! :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Some more of my oil paintings. I have one more mosaic that is done within a painting, but the files too large at the moment, i'll resize it and post it when I can.
    You have an interesting technique on the last three paintings. Is there a name for the technique or just came to you in your creativity?

I will check back later. Need to run to the Nursing Home to help feed my mother now. Looking forward to more posts from you.

Jan 28, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Its on ply wood, around 1cm thick, the wood is quite light on it's own, but sometimes can be quite heavy if I use tiles that are usually used for bathrooms etc, usually call tiling shops and ask for their broken tiles.lol The sizes of the two mosaics are approximately 23x33 inches.

The technique I used in the last three paintings doesn't really have a name as far as I know.lol I just enjoyed having a flow of the paint visible in my paintings, like movement within it. It's more interesting to me if it's raised and feels nice to touch.lol
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BiWiccanAndProud
    Hey all I know I keep disappearin! But I'm back!! Againa XD lol!! How you all been?
    Hello, BiWiccanAndProud!

I am fine!

As you can see, things have started to liven up on this thread some! But alas, it will be closed once the number of posts reaches 1,500. But, do not despair, because we can start another one devoted to art! :)

What have you been up to with your art?
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Its on ply wood, around 1cm thick, the wood is quite light on it's own, but sometimes can be quite heavy if I use tiles that are usually used for bathrooms etc, usually call tiling shops and ask for their broken tiles.lol The sizes of the two mosaics are approximately 23x33 inches.

The technique I used in the last three paintings doesn't really have a name as far as I know.lol I just enjoyed having a flow of the paint visible in my paintings, like movement within it. It's more interesting to me if it's raised and feels nice to touch.lol
    I think the lighter wood would be better than what I used. Thank you. Also, thank you for letting me know the approximate size.

Regarding the paintings, I like the movement within also. :)
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 03:32 PM
    Thought I would share part of a set of pencil drawings I did. I took sign language classes and the instructor wanted drawings of her hands signing her name. This is the first three letters of her name. I took photographs of her hands signing her name and worked from those. Later tonight, I will post the finished product matted and framed. Got to run for now.

Just realized in the images attached, I scanned from album so had the third letter in horizontal position. It would be vertical like the other two. :)
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 03:42 PM
    I found the photo of the matted and frame piece so will post before I have to run for a bit. The gals name is TORPY and the images are the letters of the alphabet for the deaf for her name. If you don't sign but use the alphabet only, it is called "fingerspelling". Beautiful language. :)
    Attached Images

Jan 30, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Wow those are brilliant! I want to find out how to spell my name with sign :) I'll have to have a search on the net. Very interesting idea! Love it!

Jan 30, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Oh by the way people, the art tutor job I went for, they were very impressed :D I think I may have it, but they said if not they are willing to train me up for the tutor skills as they are impressed with the art side of things. I am completely over the moon! I hated having to go for jobs doing things that don't even interest me. Now I have found something that I will love doing and also earn a living at the same time. :D
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Jan 30, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Awesome clafairy! Good luck with that aye, hope you do good and achieve your dreams, spread your wings and soar!
    Lol, your mosaicy art stuff is really awesome by the way, great to see more artists on the thread.
    So, how has everyone been lately?
    Sorry if I've been absent for a while, not that you lot would miss me or anything
    Going back to school next week!
    Oooh, and not sure if I told you all this, but you know that chick in Nevada? She's coming here to visit me in march :)
    Anyway, I'm rambling.
    About art, I'm thinking of uploading those whale pics soon, and then I'm going to hopefully do some pastels or something of them. Also, as soon as I'm back in skewl, ill be in art class again and that will help my creativity get back into gear :)
    Jrebel, those sign language pics are awesome, I wish we lived in the same area, I wish I could buy one of your works, you are the best pencil artist I have seen as far as I remember :)

Jan 30, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Thanks :) And lucky you! Hope all goes well with her! Are you into Manga art? Your picture reminds me of manga, looks great!
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 04:49 PM
    The following link is shown on Media Player about a young Prodigy, age 12. Her art is amazing and inspired.

http://tinyurl.com/yxewot
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cal823
    about art, im thinking of uploading those whale pics soon, and then im gunna hopefully do some pastels or something of them. Also, as soon as im back in skewl, ill be in art class again and that will help my creativity get back into gear :)
    jrebel, those sign language pics are awesome, i wish we lived in the same area, i wish i could buy one of your works, you are the best pencil artist i have seen as far as i remember :)
    Cal, am anxious to see your whale pics. Also anxious to know how the visit goes with your friend! :p

I appreciate your comment/compliment on my pencil drawings. That means a lot to me. Just made my day.

I am ready to see your creativity burst forth again! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search