Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigmac30004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 11:47 PM
    Goodman furnace comes on but won't stay lit
    Hi my goodman furnace tries to lite but something cuts the gas right back off. Is that the gas regulator? And can I just replace the module on the front of it or do I have to replace the whole regulator?

Thanks
    Brian
    cgregory67 Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Jan 24, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Make sure the exhaust blower (not the heat blower) comes on, and if exhaust becomes blocked by restriction a backpressure sensor will tell the valve to shut off. Sometimes kinds stick things in high efficiency exhausts coming out the side of house, or ice, and even animals nesting.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 24, 2008, 05:49 AM
    Clean or replace the flame sensor
    gibbske Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 06:58 AM
    I agree. Clean the flame sensor.
    bigmac30004 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000
    Clean or replace the flame sensor
    Guys I think that got it, thank you very much, it got cold as hell the night I tried your suggestions so it kept us from going to a hotel room for the night to stay warm. Thanks again
    gibbske Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 06:41 AM
    That's great, glad to hear it! Enjoy the rest of your winter.
    grizz3000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2011, 06:05 AM
    Same issue here. I cleaned/handed the flame sensor but the furnace will not stay lit. The board light stays solid. The burner light, then shut off.
    Which exhaust 'may' be clogged? I'm confused AND cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman GMP100-3 Furnace won't Stay On. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Goodman Furnace (model # GMP100-3). The furnace will not stay running. Here is the sequence of events for two different scenarios that are occurring. Scenario 1 1. Thermostat Calls for Heat 2. Inducer starts 3. Pressure switch closes 4. Heating element glows 5. Burners...

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I've purchased a home where the furnace was to be replaced NEW with a Goodman Furnace. We've been given the model # GMPE 100 S4A from the seller. Anyone know if this is an actual Goodman Model - the colour is beige, not black.

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

Goodman Furnace won't stay running [ 3 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace that won't stay on.. the glow plug comes on and ignites the heat box, it will run then shut off... after it gets to desried heat,, then when you try to get it to run again it's like it shuts down after igniter being lit for about 10 secs, I've replaced batteries in...

Goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new goodman furnace that only ignites and runs for a few seconds and then starts all over again and the blower runs constantly with the induction fan shutting on and off. Is this a limit switch making it do this?

View more questions Search