Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daquiri35 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 04:09 AM
    Furnace not kicking on
    We have a Bryant gas furnace (model 383KAV) which we leave set on auto at 70 degrees, it does not kick on regardless how low the house temp gets. We also have a digital thermostat that was installed last year. We've replaced the batteries in it thinking that was the cause. The only way we can get the furnace to kick on is by turning the breaker off then back on -but is not tripped to begin with.

We have someone coming out to look at the furnace but I would like to get some idea of what is wrong with it before then. The thermostat is made by Honeywell which I thought was a pretty good company. Thank you,
    Darcy
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 20, 2008, 06:54 AM
    You provide no model number but ask a question?
    There are many different Bryant models.

Jan 20, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Added model type.
    Darcy

Jan 20, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Sounds like a candidate for a flame sensor cleaning or replacement. When you have to reset the main power you reset the computer board. There are many other possibilities also. They will get you going tomorrow.

Jan 20, 2008, 08:32 PM
    You are good! We cleaned the flame sensor and so far, so good. Thanks!
    Darcy

Jan 20, 2008, 08:36 PM
    Good deal. You might pick up a new flame sensor in your travels on Ebay. They are not that expensive and it is nice to have a spare in case the porcelian cracks and you need a new one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my blower to my englander wood furnace keep kicking on every 20 seconds ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Englander add on furnace model 28-3500 which is supposed to heat 3000 sq ft. it is hooked to the ductwork and does have a thermostat.. but it seems the blower kicks on constantly ever 15 seconds.. even when the house is warm.. (but my foyer is always cold). I just don't want this part to...

Furnace not kicking on when temp drops below thermostat set temp [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a Beckett oil heat water on demand furnace that heats through baseboards. Since this past weekend the furnace hasn't been kicking on when the temperature drops below my set temp of 68 degrees. I have to go down to the furnace and simply touch the top of the reset box for it to kick on. ...

Furnace keeps kicking on while blowerstill running [ 1 Answers ]

My furnace is 2 yrs old. Lately, I hear it kick on, and then in a few minutes I hear the blower kick on, but before the blower shuts off, I hear the furnace kick on again. Sometimes it does this 3 or 4 times in a cycle. Is this normal? Could it be the digital thermostat?

Kicking out roommate [ 19 Answers ]

I am the signer of the lease I am in. I have a roommate who is destructive, inconsiderate and outright sloppy. I told her it would be best if she moved out and gave her a 30 day deadline. She is giving me problems about it and I want her out! What can I do? I am not the owner of the property,...

View more questions Search