Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lfisher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 06:46 AM
    How much will be taken out of my weekly salary?
    I would like to know the total of taxes that will be taken from my weekly salary.
    I live in NY, just got a new job where I'll be making $1,000 a week and I'm Married. Can anybody tell me what will be the amout I will be taking home?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Yes, your payroll department. Just ask them. It depends on what you claimed on your W4.
    lfisher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2008, 08:42 AM
    About my question before...
    On my w4 adding all the lines from like A to H the total was 4.
    Married making $1,000 a week
    Can you tell me how much I will be able to bring home?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Why don't you just ask your payroll dept. Beside taxes there are insurances and other deductions that may be included. You can also search the WEb for fedeal and NYS withholding tables.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 12:52 PM
    Agreed. Check our IRS Circular E at Internal Revenue Service to find out what is being withheld. You can get the NY state withholding info from the NY state government website.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 18, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lfisher
    about my question before...
    on my w4 adding all the lines from like A to H the total was 4.
    married making $1,000 a week
    can you tell me how much i will be able to bring home??
    Weekly Gross Pay $1,000.00
    Federal Withholding $72.93
    Social Security $62.00
    Medicare $14.50
    New York income tax $51.68
    NY SDI $0.60
    Net Pay $798.29

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home country salary from US salary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a L1 visa holder from india and was working in Massachusetts from aug 2005 to dec 2005 as a contractor from my original company in india. I used to receive the US salary from aug 2005 to dec 2005 for which I have the W2. During the same period I also used to receive my indian...

How to calculate Taxes deducted from my weekly salary? [ 8 Answers ]

I am an employee, married and have 2 sons 15&10 years old…my whole hour salary is $9, I live in New York I want to know exactly how I can calculate the taxes deducted from my salary including the new one….. with example please Regards….

Salary vs Hourly, punching a clock on salary. [ 2 Answers ]

My company put me on salary a few years back. I still have to work overtime and I still have to punch a time card, I just dont get paid for any overtime hours. Also I have not gotten the standard raise that I used to get anymore. I was wondering is this fair practice?

About bi weekly mortgages [ 12 Answers ]

Just wondering if any one has had any experince with a biweekly type mortgage. We are getting ready to fill out some papers to start up that type of Mortgage. I know it would be cheaper to just pay the extra payment myself. That is what it works out to is paying an extra payment a year. But...

Weekly puzzle [ 4 Answers ]

How would we feel if I posted a weekly physics problem designed to make you think? Or fortnightly? Mainly concentrating on mechanics and nimble thinking rather than complex math. How many would attempt it? Where would be the best place for me to put it? Here? In Science(other)?

View more questions Search