Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikischoltes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Furnace exhaust pipe length
    The furnace exhaust pipe (2 inch PVC) currently comes straight out of the back of the house about one foot. Can a 45 degree elbow be added to the end to vent it either up or down without causing any problems? Also, does it need to extend out of the back of the house by a certain number of inches?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 03:28 PM
    First follow the manufactures instructions all the questions you have are contained in them. Each brand of furnace is a bit different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Propane furnace exhaust pipe black [ 6 Answers ]

Propane furnace not working right. Exhaust pipe out of house is black at the end. Does this mean a problem?

How do I extend the length of a PVC pipe? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I extend by an additional 6 inches the length of a 2 inch diameter PVC pipe.

Furnace exhaust pipe with white material [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 4 year old Ruud gas furnace and I noticed today that there is white, flakey material coming from the joints on the exhaust pipe. What is this?

Pipe of maximum length [ 9 Answers ]

This site doesn't have enough traffic. So here's a max/min for those who would like to try. Maybe you've seen something similar before. "A pipe of negligible diameter is to be carried horizontally around a corner from a hallway 8 ft wide into a hallway 4 ft wide. What is the maximum length the...

View more questions Search