Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AlmightyQ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2008, 10:02 AM
    2000 Ford Explorer Brake Lights
    I have a 2000 Ford Explorer and it seems that my brake lights don't work. The lights at the top of the hatch work, but neither of the rear lights do; not even when I'm in reverse. Is it the bulbs or a fuse? And how do I remove the cover so that I can change the bulbs myyself. Or which fuse controls the brake lights. My owner manual sucks.

Thanks... AlmightyQ
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 8, 2008, 04:37 PM
    So, NO lights on the rear of the truck function?
    It's not likely that all the bulbs are burned out. Inspect the wiring harness from the back of the vehicle, starting near the taillamps and going forward. Look for anything that could be damaged or broken.
    As far as fuses go, just inspect them all for any that might be open.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brake lights on ford explorer [ 5 Answers ]

My brake lights on my Explorer are out. The problem is not the bulbs. What should I be looking for that would cause this problem? Appreciate any help. Mickey

Brake lights on a 2001 ford explorer [ 1 Answers ]

The brake lights on my truck will not come on and the parking lights will not either. I checked all of the fuses and the bulbs and they are OK. So what's wrong?

Brake lights staying on ford explorer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2003 ford explorer. The brake lights are staying on after the car is turned off. We tried this and lights are still staying on. We priced the break switch and was told it is 95.00. Does this sound right?

Ford explorer brake lights [ 2 Answers ]

What would be the problem if the hatch brake light works but the other 2 do not on a 2001 ford explorer . Its not the fuse or the bulbs and if the top light works I didn't think it woul;d be the switch. Help it's my wife's truck

Ford Explorer Brake Lights [ 4 Answers ]

My 2003 explorer brake lights will not turn off when I turn off my car. Can you help?

View more questions Search