Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    o0o0o0o Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2008, 08:11 AM
    Low water pressure from well pump
    Hi again,
    I recently replaced the pressure switch because I heard the well pump running non-stop.
    At this time the pump never seems to generate more than 38 PSI on the gauge. Also the pipe from the well seems to vibrate loudly. It seems as the pressure tank is light (no water in it?). The pressure gauge alsoi seems to fluctuate 2 or 3 PSI while the pump runs. The slow blow circutbreaker for the pump has tripped a few times now. Right now I run the pump for about 10 min and turn it off at the circutbreaker panel. When the pump is not running the system holds pressure.
    Do I need to call a pro yet?
    Do you think my pump has gone bad?
    I fear that soon I will have no water.
    Thanks, Rob
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Jan 4, 2008, 08:45 AM
    If the tank has no water in it and doesn't need to be bled, I would suggest you contact a well service company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increase Hot Water Pressure w/Water pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Would a Watts Premier Hot Water Recirculation Pump (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11026121&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=&s=1) (or any other brand name) help to increase hot water pressure if you install it directly to the hot water output pipe and then turn it on ONLY while taking a...

Water Pump Pressure Switch [ 14 Answers ]

I own a large acre property and am having some plumbing issues. I’ll try and explain this best I can. The Old System: Water was pumped out of the well, through a pressure tank, a holding tank, and then a couple hundred feet up a hill to a 5000 gallon metal tank. From here the water was...

Water Pump Losing Pressure [ 2 Answers ]

My water pump (3/4 HP), which is at least 5-10 year old has lost the ability to retain pressure. I thought it might be the pressure tank, however, I turned off the feed from the pump to the pressure tank and it still lost pressure. This makes me believe that the pump is the problem. I draw water...

Low water pressure after replacing well pump [ 4 Answers ]

I recently replaced a well pump. After the pump was replaced, within a day, we started to get low water pressure in the house. It starts strong for about 30 sec, and then it gets very low - not to a tricle- but not strong either. I've been reading other threads, and thought about increasing...

Pump losing pressure (well water) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I have lost the water supply to my house. I have a pump for well water. The tank seems to be empty and I tried resetting the pump but it will not respond. The gauge reads at zero now. Any help would be appreciated Thanks

View more questions Search