Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rise_Against710 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 07:38 PM
    Basketball Injuries
    I really want to make the varsity team my freshman year.
    I'm 5'11'', 155lbs, very lean (I have a six pack), 14 years old.
    I just broke my foot 3 months ago and got off the cast 1 month ago, so I'm still weak on that foot. I could touch rim before I broke it.
    My strengths are: I'm the fastest kid in my school, I can jump the highest when I'm healthy, I'm strong, great endurance, I play really intense and with desire and focus, I have a freakishly good defensive game for my age (great timing/instincts), I'm clutch, I can hit free throws (70% or so), I have good fundamentals, and I can drive to the basket well. I can shoot the midrange jumper well and am all right at dribbling. It's next to impossible to stop me down low right now. I can post up very well.Also, I work really hard.
    My weaknesses are: I'm injured, I am only okay at ball handling, I can't hit threes, and I need help with my passing.
    I'm not even close to done growing yet because I'm only 14 1/2 and my dad stopped growing at 20, so I'll probably be like that.
    I know I've got the genetics, My dad was an All-State High-School player (North Dakota, Somewhere around the mid to late 80's).
    What I really want is to be skilled like a guard and maybe add a few more inches to my vertical.
    Help please...
    geminibball Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 11:18 PM
    Hey I'm 15 years old! Do u know what I would have to do to get in the wnba for future reference? And were I would go to try and join the wnba?
    Air J Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2006, 03:48 PM
    Well first rest your foot fully so it heals then to help on your vert I would like to know your lifts(squats,deadlifts,bench,etc) I could help make a program
    Clo23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Well not much you can do with a broken foot, stay off it, and let it heal before you run off trying to be all-american sports girl. Varisty coaches know what abilities young kids have, and the talent they can pursue, so keep doing what you're doing down low, if it is next to impossible to stop you that's terrific! As for dribbling, I am a starting Point for varsity and just letting you know dribbling is not as easy as it looks! If you do not dribble well, you need to work on it, because it is an important part of basketball, you may not always be dribbling but you do need to know how. So do some drills, maybe ask your freshman coach JV? She/He will help you out. But other then that you must work hard to get on Varsity it's not just a piece of cake. Keep doing what you're doing maybe do some strength training after your foot heals, and work hard to get where you want to be. Ive' gone through rough times too, but there's always an alternative to get to where you want to go. So maybe stay after practice or if you have a hoop at home, not only practice shooting but dribble around take a mile long run dribbling non-stop, that helps a ton and after a couple runs you will be better at dribbling already! Good Luck Girl, and If YOU yourself, know you can do it, then "just do it".
    Rise_Against710 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Ummm... I'm a guy... thanks though...
    Clo23 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Oops! Okay well my apologies- um change the "girl" into "Guy" k!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weights with Injuries? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently injured my knee in sports, and I don't think I can do squats or any major leg training for a fair few monthes. So iv'e decided to concentrate on my upper body for the time being. Does anyone know any good strength endurance training methods for bench press and the like? ...

Better basketball [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone Has The Better Basketball Videos Better Shooting Better Ball Handling Better Post Play Better One On One Defense Better Passing Or The "swish" Video For Shooting Method... If Anyone Has Them Give Me Your Email Please Or Tell Me Where You Got Them Thankx

Basketball [ 1 Answers ]

On a basketball court, what is the radius (in feet) of the arc (semi-circle) that extends from the foul line away from the basket to complete the key?

Basketball [ 1 Answers ]

Do you know the physiologial requirement of basketball? If you do please tell me. It is urgent.

View more questions Search