Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carriedawnx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 11:54 AM
    Giving up parental rights in Ohio
    My sons father wants to give up his parental rights to my son. He has not seen him since he was 6 months old, and is very far behind on child support. I have no problem with him giving up his rights. I just need to know how to get the ball rolling. Do I need a lawyer or do I have to talk to someone else?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2008, 12:23 PM
    He won't be able to give up his parental rights unless there is someone willing to adopt the child in his place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Giving up Parental Rights [ 6 Answers ]

My ex has called me to say he wants to give up his parental rights to my girls. He states he wants to do this in order to concentrate on paying his second ex-wife child support for his son. He claims he needs to do this because he cannot afford to pay support to us both. My daughters are crushed...

Giving up parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

My ex husband wants to give up parental rights to our 2 children.. If he gives his rights up is he still obligated to pay child support?

Giving up parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My husband wants to give up parental rights to a child he has never seen or spoken to. The child is about 14 yrs old and he pays child support, however he does not even know the mother,or if the child is his it was a one night stand. Can he do this? If he needs to get a DNA test how does he go...

Giving up parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has a child with a woman prior to us getting married. He was not made aware of the child until the child was almost a year old. He has a court order to pay child support for this child. He has only seen the child the one time we went to get the paternity test. We do not know where...

Giving up parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has a adopted daughter, her real mom wants to give up parental rights to her. She is 15 yrs old now.If her real mother gives up rights then later down the road the 15 year old wants to go live with her real mom.. Would we have to pay child support to her real mom being she gave up her...

View more questions Search