Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HaleyMunson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Water Pipes broke
    My water pipes broke in the middle of the night. I turned off the water, and I tried to turn off my gas hot water heater, but I am not sure if I did it right, or if I needed to do that. I am concerned about whether I should turn off my furnace too?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 1, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Go down and turn the heater thermostat back to pilot. If you have a warm air furnace a broken water pipe shouldn't affect it. If you have steam or hot water heat click on back a and give more details. Getyourpipes repaired and wrap them in heat tape so it doesn't happen again. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constant running water noise, old water softener pipes? [ 3 Answers ]

When we bought our house, it came with a decommissioned water softener in the laundry room. The pipes behind it (I'm assuming in and out) were capped off with plastic plugs that toggle back and forth. If you're familiar with Dr. Dolittle, I'd call it a pushmi-pullyu setup. (sorry, I'm an admin, not...

Air in Hot water pipes only [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a new water heater installed. Since then there is air in the hot water pipes only, kitchen sink, bathroom sink and shower. Installer said it would go away, if not then it was a leak in the bladder of the well pump. Is there another cause? Too me, if it were the well pump then air...

Water pipes [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I'm introducing myself I'm new to this site and I'm having a little problem with my water pipes every time we turn on our taps it makes an awful noise and we can't get rid of it Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee someone help Shawn

Still water in the pipes [ 3 Answers ]

I've noticed when I shut the main water off for the house, there's still water coming in very little though( dribbling). Is this normal?

Vibrating (Banging) Water Pipes (Water Running) [ 2 Answers ]

When upstairs tub valve is opened for the first time in the evening, loud banging noise sometimes ensues from pipes. Banging is alleviated when supply is redirected to showerhead, or when water is turned off. Single-handle Pegasus (Home Depot) valve. No issues when supply is off (not "water...

View more questions Search