Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kizzza Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Programs Running In Background (Windows XP)
    I have a lot of programs already automatically running in the background when I log on to Windows, what program can I use to choose what programs automatically run when I log onto Windows? Or is there already one on Windows?

Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2007, 05:23 AM
    There IS one already in windows called MSCONFIG, but to be honest I'd try an excellent application called CCleaner.
    Its does an excellent job of controlling your start up programs, cleaning the registry and removing junk files. Overall improving system speed.
    Kizzza Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Dec 30, 2007, 05:48 AM
    What is Adobe Gamma Loader?
    I have been wondering for ages what Adobe Gamma Loader is, when I startup Windows it is automatically run in the background and I have no idea what it does. If anyone knows what it is and what it does then please post here.

Thanks.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Not needed at startup.
    The only things you really need at start up are your Antivirus, sound drivers, mouse drivers and that's about it.
    Disable all media players, itunes, messengers etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Windows ME background issue [ 4 Answers ]

If you open the display properties on my desktop then the tab that says background, I am unable to click off none. The only thing that shows up on my wallpaper is the color that I set it to. Can some one give me some help?

Landscape architecture MLA programs, suitable undergrad background? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was if anyone could provide me information on landscape architecture masters programs. I am studying environmental science and environmental engineering for my BS degree. I was wondering if this is an appropriate background for getting a masters in landscape architecture. If...

Loading Programs into Windows ME [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to load the netgear program for usb wireless network card "wg111v2" and had the following happen: 1. It froze the computer and had to reboot 2. The program would not run when double clicked. Any help will be very much appreciated. Rajen

Some windows and programs close right after opening [ 5 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:25:44 μμ, on 13/1/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 SP2 (7.00.5346.0005) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe...

How to configure FTP on a PC running windows 2000 [ 10 Answers ]

I wish to know what I need to do to use FTP for file transfers between my local office to my remote office. I have a PC with windows 2000 as OS.I wish to upload the files on this PC .Do I need any additional software to be installed. Please let me know. Regards

View more questions Search