Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    City of Angels Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 02:03 PM
    How can I increase the water pressure in my kitchen faucet?
    I recently remodeled my kitchen and replaced sink, faucet, and plumbing. The pressure was good prior to remodel but now it is very weak. I cleaned screens, checked lines, and still no increase in pressure. Any recommendations on what I can do?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 02:37 PM
    Did you reduce the size of your supply pipes leading to the faucets? That could cause a drop in pressure since the volume is restricted. Also did you cahnge the stops on the supply and are they 100% open. I think your pressure is the same as always but something's is decreasing your volume.

Dec 27, 2007, 03:01 PM
    The size is the same for the supply lines, and they are open 100%. Can I add a low cost pressure booster? Is this a good idea?

Dec 27, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Again I think your pressure is good but the volume is restricted somewhere. Try removing the aerator to see if it was blocking the flow due to crud in the screen. You may have to open the valves on the new faucet to check for crud that broke loose during the install. If the pressue was good before the remodeling there should be no change now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
    What type of pipes, also any chance of someone denting or bending or crmping the pipe. Perhaps added a new shut off valve that is not working proper.

Not the best advice I am sure, but go back to the lines and if you have to, open at various points and check pressure there, if you have pressure to where th lines start, it has to be in the line ( of the fixture) have you taken the supply line off the sink and checked the pressure without the fixture)

Dec 27, 2007, 08:56 PM
    Actually I have not removed the supply line to check the pressure. Let me try that I'll get back to you. Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 09:10 PM
    I will note, I am not near the expert that ballenger is of course, but it is just one of those common sense things, if it was OK before remodel, if is it OK in the other part of the house, it has to be in the pipe from the supply line with OK pressure to the facuet.

I bought one for a rental house ( don't know why I bought a 200 dollar one for a rental house, but I installed it and the hot water would just not turn on, I had to return it for another one,

So since I am not as smart as some of the real plumbers on here, I just take it one step at a time, and start at where does it start or stop.
    When my boys were younger, we were doing the plastic pipe, they put too much glue on a fitting ( a lot of too much glue) and it almost stopped the water flow

Dec 28, 2007, 12:04 PM
    If you remove a supply line try catching the water for a specific time like 15 seconds. Reassemble the supply and measure the water coming out of the faucet for that same 15 seconds. They should be pretty much the same. Back to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased and installed my 3rd kitchen water faucet. It is a Moen two handle. The first faucet was some unnamed piece of junk. The second was a Peerless two handle. All three just dribble water out when they're turned on. After the Peerless and a complete kitchen remodel, I wanted to make...

No water pressure in my kitchen faucet [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. We purchased an older home back in August. The whole house has great water pressure except for our kitchen sink. The spray nozzle has good pressure however the water that comes out of the faucet is a steady trickle. We have taken the screen out at the end of the...

Very little water pressure in kitchen faucet. [ 2 Answers ]

I ask this question yeasterday, I cleaned then changed the aerator but it did'ny help. One thing I did'nt tell you is that I have a sprayer with my faucet set and the water comes out of it just fine, also the water draines out the sinks fine as well. Now what should I do? I have a Pegasus faucet...

Water pressure to kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

The water pressure to my kitchen faucet is horrably slow for both hot and cold water. I noticed it when we first bought the home 2 years ago so I replaced the faucet and it actually got worse. The home is 10 years old. The pressure in the rest of the home is fine! Help! Is it the faucet??

Kitchen Faucet water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Recently I replaced the kitchen faucet fixture in an apartment. The piping is old galvanized. We also replaced the supply lines and shut off valves. The supply lines are the new fangled flood proof lines that shut off automatically if the line is torn. The problem is we now have much reduced...

View more questions Search