Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crushedovernover Posts: 260, Reputation: 19

Dec 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Name Reasons.
    Ok serious replies only.

Name Reasons and only reasons the ex would try to make you jealous.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 10:42 AM
    1. Possibly NOT trying to make you jealous and just going about his/her own life... and you're interpreting it that way.

2. wants you to feel bad about what happened (the breakup)

3. wants to see how you would react to it, to see if you cared... and if that's the case, then he/she gets the "power"
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
    Probably above ^. I think there will allways be some feeling left over for an ex despite what happened. Whether its shock, regret or general happy emotion.

I would imagine if they are trying to make you jealous you are just over reading into things or there is some feeling left over.

Dec 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
    1. Trust me, I'm not misreading it at all. It was intentional.

2. She cause the break up by cheating. Have not spoken to her since.

3. She doesn't know how I reacted to it. But she did do it on purpose.

Why would she go out of her way. She is just playing games but from a psycological view I would likr reasons..

We also have a 2yr old boy. She cheated and is now engaged to this man after 5 months. So why is she trying to make me jealous. This is not what she did, but non the less she went out of her way and actually did something with the intention of making me jealous. Reasons.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Women LOVE mind games. Little do they know... we KNOW that they play these games.

If it's intentional... she broke it off... etc.

She's just doing this to see if you care. If you get upset. She may need that little boost in her self esteem to see if you still want her, like her, care about her. This may not mean she wants you back, but she just might be using you to make her feel better.

It's like... you have a dog. But you can't take care of it... so you give it away to the neighbor. Right? A few months later, you go over to see how your dog is, and you try to see if the dog will recognize you, to see if the dog's still happy to see you. It makes you feel better that the dog didn't forget you altogether and is much happier without you.

... I'm not saying you're a dog... but just the concept...

Dec 26, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Im not saying she is going to come back either. Just looking for reasons. It is her M/O to do this and try to make somekind of return. BUt regardless just looking into why she would even want me to still care or how she could think I would even after every thing she has done to date.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 11:55 AM
    Intense feeling are not always positive. Ever hear that there is a thin line between love and hate? Believe it. Two emotions on the SAME side of the coin. The opposite would be apathy. Why would she be going through these changes? Because she loves you, and she hates you. Its important for you to react, and if you don't, she reacts to your apparent apathy. Its her way to keep you thinking of her, and reminding you of the power she has over you, and you must admit it works. The thing you both are missing is no matter your future relationships, you are bonded forever (until he is 18) by your son. Having said that, she is trying to intimadate you, by making a pest of herself, to get what she wants. Exclusive control over your sons future. Your supposed to cave, and since you won't, expect more of the same. If she were a man, she would be a jerk. Since she is a woman, she is still a jerk. Sorry to talk badly about your babies mama.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2007, 12:05 PM
    She could be trying to throw it in your face... LOOK what you are missing out on. I have a relationship and you don't, I have a future with somebody and you don't and I am going to make you feel like less than me.

She most probably wants the satisfaction of a reaction to make her feel she is better than you.

Basically insecurity trying to prove herself as better than you.

I don't know why many girls play games like that but they do.

Dec 26, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Well tonight was odd. Since we broke up I have not seen or talk to her once. "go No contact woo" lol anyway.. Only time I saw her was at our first court date where I arranged access to our son. I get my son "for now" every wed, and every other weekend. Tonight when I was droping him off to his grandmother my ex was in the car with her. Now this doesn't sound like much but if you new all of the legal stuff that was going on you would understand. Not just about the custody either. For her or her mom to put me or themselves in that position astonishs me. And after reading you post Tali it makes a lot of sense. The shirt on the weekend and now the first time in 5 months she decides to come and pick up our son with her mom. Something is going to start going down. A friend of mine thinks now that she isn't getting what she wants she is going to start doing subtle things to get to me. Im sick of this whole mess. And before I would say I can't live with out her but jesus murphy please god I can live with out her. I just want her to give me our son and bounce...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 05:55 AM
    That's the point my friend, she will never do that, nor should she. She loves him the same way you do. For all the hell she gives you, know that. And a kid needs their mom, so never ever, not ever ,say anything bad about her, and don't let anyone else say it either, I mean never. That's probably the most important suggestion I can make to you.
    zpk Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Ders too muck reasons! Sos lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reasons to become a Buddhist [ 17 Answers ]

OK, so I'm not religious at all! I think believing in something might makelife a little easier, can anyone give me some reasons to and reasons not to contemplate buddism? Thanks

Is there any reasons [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any reasons a new collar worker would not want the same benefits and clout that blue collar workers were able to get by unionizing?

Reasons on a piercing [ 12 Answers ]

Hey, recently I decided I wanted my ear pierced. Something simple, just the lobe. Im 16 and my mom is some what against it. Does anyone have a good reason to get a piercing?

What are reasons to use Linux [ 15 Answers ]

Hi! I use Windows. Just want to hear your answers... What are reasons to use Linux? Is it easy or not to become proficient in using it? Thanks.

View more questions Search