Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    llsmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Kenmore elite dishwasher - blinking clean light
    The clean light on my dishwasher keeps blinking and the dishwasher won't work. How can I fix this?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 05:48 PM
    Try pressing the heated wash then heated dry one after the other about 5 times. This should reset the unit.
    dozer1234 Posts: 5, Reputation: 4

Dec 28, 2007, 10:41 AM
    I had the same issue with my kenmore elite-flashing green is error code for heater system.Coil heats water to temp also used to dry dishes. Can be reset by pressing (within 6 seconds)HEATED DRY/NORMAL WASH/HEATED DRY/NORM WASH . All lights will flash. THIS IS PROBABLY A FIRE HAZARD. The dishwasher will restart but quit again next time the heater cycles on. To work on it safely,pull the D/W out (should be 2 phillips screws into the counter),and leave open the door.This takes the power out of the circuits,allowing you to safely reach under the very back and find the 2 plastic nuts that hold the heater in place.check the wiring connectors there for heat signs.On mine the wire was burnt right off. If you remove the heater by removing those 2 plasti nuts is easy to replace and costs about $40. I paid $7 for 1 new plastic nut.Look for traces of water on floor below-mine dripped a tiny amount(1/2 teaspoon) and was done like dinner. If you remove it the instructions say to replace it. Look for the servicemans schematic in the paperwork you got with the D/W.If wiring looks OK ,Have other issue than element replacement.: Dozer
    marygeorg Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Comment on esquire1's post
    It worked Thanks so much
    jeppes Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Mine had different buttons... "Hi temp scrub " and "air dry" but it worked to reset.
    HowardP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 03:18 PM
    I have had the same problem with the "clean" light blinking constantly for the past two days. Thanks to the members of this website the problem got solved by pressing the heated dry and normal wash repeatedly. You saved me from an unnecessary service call or worse yet from purchasing a new dishwasher!!
    wenzmo Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 06:21 PM
    I've tried pressing NORMAL WASH and HEATED DRY repeatly. It doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?
    joe_nj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 10:00 PM
    Tried the Sani Rinse and Air Dry button sequence. All buttons lit up. I pressed cancel. All lights went out. Then later, the China Gentle light came on and "79" was in the timer indicator. A few minutes after that, all lights/indicators went out. Any idea what this means?
    prethis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 07:54 AM
    Thank you, service call was going to cost $129.00.
    simplynice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 08:11 PM
    Can someone tell more about fire hazard? I had clean light blinking also... I did reset it... but I am concerned if there is anything needed to replace to be safe!
    mikegcsu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2011, 11:56 AM
    There is a service diagnostic code for diagnosing dishwasher problems, the blinking lights are the codes. e.g. 6 flashes = 6. etc. You need the paper diagnostic in order to 'decode' the blinking lights, its usually on the back of the access panel at the bottom of the Dishwasher.
    Wallieguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Thank You, Jeppes! My Kenmore Elite was blinking "CLEAN" on Christmas Day, but your post saved the day. These reset instructions are nowhere in the manual. Many thanks and Happy Holidays!
    JohnJS Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2012, 09:33 PM
    I followed the instructions provided by pressing the heated water and heated dry. However, this is the second time this as happened in 2 weeks. I'm wondering if the DW has a major with the heater.
    moelou Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2012, 12:49 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It worked... I spent so much time with Sears on the phone who wouldn't let me speak to a tech because they wanted the service call.
    I finally got one but he called me after I read this post.
    Thanks again, this is awesome.
    smejkald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 04:32 PM
    That was totally awesome. Thank you so much for that advice. It worked! Yeah!
    bkjcah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
    It worked! Thank you!
    ctennent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 07:13 PM
    Awsome help thanks
    mikkimix Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2012, 09:12 AM
    Model 665.1396K015, error code F2E2. Machine taking in no water.
    cmontes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2013, 07:27 PM
    Be careful. I tried the "HEATED DRY/NORMAL WASH/HEATED DRY/NORM WASH " and my dishwasher started. I could hear the water coming into the dishwasher. I decided to wait and watch because I was concerned about the fire danger. Within a minute the dishwasher stopped. I figured I needed to call a service technician. I was right. When I went down stairs I heard water. My dishwasher was leaking and pouring down the wall below. Thank goodness my dishwasher stopped before more damage was done. I am calling the appliance repair technician tomorrow since it is after hours now.
    griz_the_dog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Cancelled the service call and we won't have to hand-wash a dishwasher full of Easter dinner dishes this morning. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Blinking 'normal wash' light on kenmore dishwasher 665.17363301 [ 7 Answers ]

Model #: 665.17363301 This morning the 'normal wash' light started blinking and the dishwasher will not respond. I've turned the power off and on and it returns to the blinking light. The only other button that does anything (though not consistently) is the 'cancel/drain' button that when pushed...

Kenmore dishwasher blinking washing light [ 1 Answers ]

My Kenmore dishwasher model 587 has a blinking green washing light. It will not start. Is there a way to reset the panel?

Kenmore Ultra Dishwasher with blinking Lock On light [ 1 Answers ]

How do I fix my kenmore dishwasher with a blinking lock on light? I was told it might be a stuck key pad and I may have to change it out.

Kenmore Dishwasher has a blinking light and won't start. [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore dishwasher has a light blinking continuously over the "hi temp wash" button and will not start. Any help?

View more questions Search