Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    texasranger225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Numbness and tingling in the heart area
    Several times a day I get a numbness and tingling sensation in the heart area... I kind of bump my heart area with my hand and the sensation goes away. This can happen several times a day or not happen at all during the day. I do have borderline high blood pressure. I don't drink or smoke. I take Claritin D daily for allergies. I am normally healthy although I am a bit over weight 275 pounds.. Any ideas on what to look for or what to be aware of?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 19, 2007, 06:44 AM
    We cannot diagnose you properly over the internet. However, anytime you are dealing with the heart I would not hesitate to call your Dr. They can help you!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 19, 2007, 06:46 AM
    You need to see your doctor ASAP. Any advice you get here is guessing at best. Your heart is nothing to leave to strangers via the internet. Please make an appointment NOW.
    xyz12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2011, 04:32 PM
    Today, I was walking around outside - about 90 minutes ago. I began having sharp tingling and stabbing pain in my heart area. At first I thought it might be something in my shirt pocket but after I removed everything from the pocket, this pain continued to come and go. It got worse. I eventually had to walk very slowly and try to make it back home. I occasionally had some flashes of the same kind of pain, very briefly, in my upper left thigh, and some time later very briefly, on the right side of my upper body. But 99 percent of the time the tingling and stabbing sensations were in the heart area and as I said, I had to walk extremely slowly to keep the pain from coming back again and again. What could this be? Something approaching a heart attack?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness and tingling feeling near temple [ 2 Answers ]

I get an off and on feeling of numbness and tingling in my temple and above my left ear. It gets worse if I sleep on my side at night or put a phone up to the side of my head or when I exercise doing stomach crunches. I have had an mri and it showed no abnormalities. Any ideas what could be...

Numbness and tingling [ 1 Answers ]

First off. I'm making an appointment with my doctor. I'm kind of hoping for some opinions and possibly some other things I should think to tell her about when I see her. Following are the symptoms I'm having: Tingling and tenderness on my right side, about midway up my torso. It has been...

Tingling sensation of the heart [ 1 Answers ]

The last couple of nights I have been waking up with a tingling sensation in my heart. Last night the tingling sensation went through to the left left arm. My husband went to the hospital last week with a fluttering heart and was diagnosed with artrial fibrilation last week. I am not sure...

Tingling [ 4 Answers ]

I Tried To Catch The Glass Part Of My Kitchen Table With My Hand And Now I Have Tingling In My First Finger. What Could The Cause Be?

Tingling and Numbness [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday I woke up. Came out to use the computer and leaned my arm on the arm rest. My arm from the albow and up half way was completely numb and tingling. It has not gone away. This is the second day and still feeling the same way. Anybody experience this for a long time? Joe

View more questions Search