Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenolover Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Connecting a Magnavox DVD/VCR to Direct TV
    3I have a Magnavox MWD 2206 combination DVD / VCR. I have a television which has the cable connection in the back, and a white and red connection in the front. I can view a DVD, but cannot get the vcr to record... I cannot find my remote, and there is no switch on the back of the player to choose channel 3 or 4, and I cannot locate the manual. I am totally lost... I am thinking I need one of those (can't think of the name) boxes that you connect the red, white and yellow plugs so they can be plugged into the television... can someone help me?? I now have a coaxial cable from the direct TV to the vcr input, and from there to the TV, and from the dvd output, the red and white (or yellow) plugs go to the input of the television. Thank you for any help!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 13, 2007, 06:55 AM
    Have found RCA(the company) Modulators for $12 at dollar store. It converts red, white, and yellow to coax output(Channel 3 or 4 selectable).
    If you have yellow also on front of TV, you could plug in there, then select video input.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 17, 2007, 09:42 AM
    This is one for the from the archives.

Your Direct TV box will normally allow two types of connections. RF (coax cable) And either a Yellow White Red input. Yellow is composite picture White and Red are Sound.

Out of the DVD/VCR should go to IN on the TV.

If all you have is a Coax input port, then all you should have to do is bring the cable to the RF connector and the internal connections should handle the rest.

You can either Goggle Magnavox, model MWD 2206 and see if you can find either the Magnavox site or the models instructions.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 17, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Forgive me, I first envishoned a DVD player / recorder with TV instead of a stand-alone DVD /VCR combo unit.

Output from Direct TV goes to Input of DVD / Vcr. Output from Combo unit to the TV came be in two forms. Composite (Yellow) or S-vbideo. If you use S-video the picture quality is better. Audio to the TV is provided by White and Red.

To record one show, select the DVD with a blank DVD installed select your station.

To watch another, switch the tuner to the VCR or TV tunner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting TV,receiver,dvd,direct TV with hdmi [ 2 Answers ]

How do I connect my TV,receiver,dvd, direct TV with hdmi cables. Step by Step Please.

Connecting DVD player/recorder to Direct TV [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone help me in connecting a Magnavox DVD Player/Recorder MWR10D6 to the Direct TV cable box and ultimately to the TV set.

Programming Sequence Magnavox Remote [ 1 Answers ]

I would like the instruction manual,or the programming sequence for Magnavox remote for PIP TV,model rp2541 c401 circa 1994 I think.Thanks in advance.

Direct Connecting two servers [ 1 Answers ]

I have two servers, each has two NICs and are using one of the NICs to connect to our LAN. I need to connect the two together directly so a DLT tape backup can be shared by both. I was thinking about using a crossover cable between the unused NICs. My question is about what configuration...

Direct connecting two computers [ 2 Answers ]

I want to connect my old computer to my new one so I can transfer files (especially my large e-mail files). My old computer has a modem connection and 2 USB ports. My new computer has a modem port, USB ports and Ethernet port. Is there a way to direct connect the two computers via either the...

View more questions Search