Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aplescruff Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Pretty sore red bump on penis
    The other night I was masturbating and had to pee. I got up to pee and when I came back to my room to continue I immediately noticed a painful red bump on the shaft of my penis. I have a lot of hair in that area, even some actually growing out of the shaft. This bump as I said before, just popped up all of a sudden.

My question is, is this an ingrown hair, or something else? I really want to think it is because the possibilities give me chills. My theory is maybe, somehow, the way I was handling myself caused a just-emerging hair to stay under the skin, or something like that. I hope I'm not misguided.

Dec 16, 2007, 12:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aplescruff
    The other night I was masturbating and had to pee. I got up to pee and when I came back to my room to continue I immediately noticed a painful red bump on the shaft of my penis. I have a lot of hair in that area, even some actually growing out of the shaft. This bump as I said before, just popped up all of a sudden.

My question is, is this an ingrown hair, or something else? I really want to think it is because the possibilities give me chills. My theory is maybe, somehow, the way I was handling myself caused a just-emerging hair to stay under the skin, or something like that. I hope I'm not misguided.
    A FEW FURTHER DETAILS:

The first thing I did after noticing the bump was to try and squeeze it to see if maybe a hair or some puss or something would pop out. Neither did. The next morning I looked at it and it was a lot darker and a little bit more sore. No doubt from the squeezing. I left it alone for about a day and a half. When I checked it again it was the same color as it originally was, and still a bump. Today it looks darker and less raised. Kind of like it's dying, but its also uncomfortable and sore. I heard that with herpes it starts like a bump and then dies and is sore, but in this case this happened and then the cycle repeated itself. Bump, dark sore spot, bump, dark sore spot. I have been fidgeting with it cause frankly I'm impulsive, and the reason why it winds up darker and sore is most likely a result of my own action. But for the sake of full disclosure I felt the need to add all this.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 12:29 AM
    Well... my question is...

How sexually active are you? Have you had a new partner in the past 2 weeks? Did you use protection?

It could very well just be a pimple, some irritation, ingrown hair, and even maybe a bug bite. But need more info.

Dec 16, 2007, 12:32 AM
    I am sexually active, I started up with someone recently but we haven't had sex yet.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2007, 12:35 AM
    Give it a couple of days. It may just be an irritation. Apply some antibiotic ointment if necessary. If it still remains or gets worse, seek a physician.
    hidude1000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 05:50 PM
    I have one too, but I have only had it for like 3 days and it still has not gone away, but I tried to pop myn and now it is just bigger, so I don't recommend it.
    wallarookiller Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Dec 30, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Well if its sore its probably not HPV. It could be herpes or it could simply be irritation or an ingrown hair it's really impossible to tell by this description. You could try taking a look at this STD website and look at the pics and see if its similar but my first instinct is to go and see a doctor to have it looked at.
    stungecape Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Try having sex with something other than your hand. When you stroke your little pennis too much it gets sore. Your hand is dry and coarse opposite that of a wet vagina. Therefore, the best remedy is to stop stroking with your hand. This is what I recommend to my patients: Put some vasaline into a tube sock and place it into the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds. After that, have your way with the sock. If the sock gets a little dry, add more vasaline and repeat. There are of coarse other remedies, such as, get a girlfriend, or boyfriend. But to answer the original question, don't worry, the sores are a result from irretation from jerking off too much without using a lubed up tube sock.
    MedicalMilo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 06:43 PM
    They also could be sores as a result from too much "wear and tear" so to speak. Usually excessive masturbation or sex (with or without a condom) can cause these. Ive found out that either A) the condoms you are using are too small and cause internal damage from cut off circulation B) too much masturbation is causing irritation or C) too much sex is causing irritation and the less you touch or mess with them they will go away in time...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on the penis [ 1 Answers ]

I have this bump on my penis I first discovered it 1 month ago I am 13 and mastrubate often. The bump is on the left side of my penis just below the glans. It doesn't hurt when I touch it and it hard to notice it when I am not erected. I can see it more clearly when I erect and there is no pain...

Bump on penis [ 1 Answers ]

Ok just about 2 days ago I noticed I have a bump on the side of my shaft around the size of a pee I am extremely worried and don't know what to do it only hurts if pressure is applied I tried to pop it once and puss came out now all that happens is blood comes out please help me!

Puss filled sore on infant penis [ 9 Answers ]

My ten and a half month old son was circumcised at birth. While on vaca in Texas in June I noticed a small puss filled sore on one side at the circumcision site and the surrounding area was swollen and red. A trip to the ER and the doc said she thought it might be a flea bite, drained the puss,...

Bump on Penis. [ 4 Answers ]

To Describe this, it is a recent addition, the last time I had sex was mid October. The bump appeared about a week ago. The bump is flat, skin colored, with a slightly darker outer portion where it goes into the skin, it is raised slightly, the top is also completely smooth across the top of it. It...

Penis gets sore [ 18 Answers ]

Hello I have a problem every time I urinate I guess the tip of my penis gets sore also after I'm done urinating I wipe my penis and I guess there's a little drop of blood on the urine cause it turns red.. so please can someone help I need to know if its an infection or something.. please... :(

View more questions Search