Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rkumar269 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 09:43 AM
    How can reduce Creatinine level in blood
    Dear any Nephrologist member,

Am Kumar 37 years, Male. Recently I noticed my Creatinine level is increasing from 1.3 to 1.52. Am HT past 8 years and under medication. How can reduce creatinine? What will be harmful to my health? Some calcium deposits find in my Kidney also.

Your early answer will help me.

Thank you.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:10 AM
    Here are just a couple things you might try.

For the stones take 250 to 300 mg of magnesium and vitamin D (preferably D3) to help prevent calcium deposits that crystallize into stones.

Try grapeseed extract
    Eat more fruits and vegetables, garlic, fiber,
    Drink plenty of water.

Nov 17, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Here are just a couple things you might try.

For the stones take 250 to 300 mg of magnesium and vitamin D (preferably D3) to help prevent calcium deposits that crystallize into stones.

Try grapeseed extract
    Eat more fruits and vegetables, garlic, fiber,
    drink plenty of water.
    Dear Linda,
    Thanks for your answer. Your tips is very good.
    I like to know to reduce creatinine in blood. If creatinine is high means kidney function is reduced. So, how can enhance the kidneys action.
    Explain.
    Thanks a lot.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 12:47 PM
    You need to flush your system with the things I already posted and you can buy a good digestion detox something like these. Detxofify: Liver & Kidney Detox Supplements. Or Herbs for Kidney Health.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Are you taking any medications? Some medications such as acetaminophen, aspirin, just to name 2 (there are about 40) raise the creatinine levels in your blood. Do you have a diet that is high in meat? This can also increase your levels. Are you diabetic?

All of these things can increase your levels significantly.

Increased serum creatinine is a symptom of several disorders. You already know about the renal system, but are you aware that it is a result of the following: congestive heart failure, dehydration, hyperthyroidism, acromegaly, gigantism, poliomyelitis, and, well you know about the chronic and acute renal.

Rather than treating the creatinine, you need to find the root cause of the problem and treat it. You need to be properly diagnosed by a physician with one of these conditions, as treatment will vary according to what is causing the increase in your serum creatinine levels.

Nov 17, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Are you taking any medications? Some medications such as acetaminophen, aspirin, just to name 2 (there are about 40) raise the creatinine levels in your blood. Do you have a diet that is high in meat? This can also increase your levels. Are you diabetic?

Increased serum creatinine is a symptom of several disorders. You already know about the renal system, but are you aware that it is a result of the following: congestive heart failure, dehydration, hyperthyroidism, acromegaly, gigantism, poliomyelitis, and, well you know about the chronic and acute renal.

Rather than treating the creatinine, you need to find the root cause of the problem and treat it. You need to be properly diagnosed by a physician with one of these conditions, as treatment will vary according to what is causing the increase in your serum creatinine levels.
    Dear Sir, Thank you for your answer. Now am taking Medicine for HT. Morning-Micardis20 and Natrilux SR. Night - Stamlo5. Before six months - Morning & Night - Stamo5 & Envas5. No Diabatic. Change of medicine also may cause to increase the levels?
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
    The only drug in my texts (I'm in the US) is the Micaris, so I am unfamiliar with the others as it seems they are not used in the US. You take all of them for high blood pressure?

Have you had any of the other disorders ruled out? Kidney disease? Congestive Heart Failure? etc.

Increased creatinine is a symptom of a disorder. You should have a complete physical to rule all of this out.

**Edit** P.S. I am a woman.

Nov 17, 2007, 07:56 PM
    The only drug in my texts (I'm in the US) is the Micaris, so I am unfamiliar with the others as it seems they are not used in the US. You take all of them for high blood pressure?

Have you had any of the other disorders ruled out? Kidney disease? Congestive Heart Failure? etc.

Increased creatinine is a symptom of a disorder. You should have a complete physical to rule all of this out.

**Edit** P.S. I am a woman.
    Dear Madam Thanks for your answer. Am from India working in Muscat, using Micardis20 instead of Telma20. Natrolux instead for Stamlo & Envas each 5mg.
    But before six months only using Morning-Telma20, Stamlo & Envas5, Night Stamlo & Envas5.
    I do not have any disorders.

Let me know what can do?
    Thank you.
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 08:06 PM
    There is nothing I CAN do, as I am in the US and I don't know your complete history and cannot give you a physical exam. As I stated, most of the meds you are on are not used here in the US, so I don't know them.

Apparently you do have some kind of disorder because your creatinine is high. This doesn't just occur for no reason whatsoever, there is something going on.

Please make an appointment for a complete physical and discuss this with your physician.
    KravJeff Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2007, 09:03 PM

Good post - Kind of... The main point (being properly diagnosed and treating the condition and not the creatinine) is right on... I would humbly add that HT (assuming you mean hypertension) can be caused by renal conditions (specifically blood flow to/from the kidneys) and these problems commonly co-exist (hypertension and renal insufficiency) it's called renalvascular hypertension... So - watch the meds (though the ones listed above more commonly effect liver function) be careful of ibuprofen and other nsaids and get checked by an MD.

As well, many of the causes above could be considered renal related e.g. CHF in and of itself does not cause increased creatinine, though fluid overload occurs with CHF and may occur if the kidneys aren't function properly, as indicated by increased creatinine. CHF is heart failure which to some extent can be compensated for by properly functioning kidneys. Additionally, dehydration resulting in elevated creatinine is known as pre-renal renal failure. The cause is low circulating volume = poorly perfused kidneys... treatment consists of increasing intravascular volume (drink water or give IV fluids)...

Poliomylitis (Polio) is essentially non-existent these days thanks to good old Jonas Salk circa 1955... You'd likely know if you had gigantism or acromegaly (are you extremely tall or have disproportionately huge extremities?) Endocrine abnormalities (hyperthyroidism) can be diagnosed with a simple blood test.

'nuff of my banter - Go see a doctor.
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Got to spread the love Jeff... But wow that was perfect!!

Thanks for picking up my slack. I am in finals right now and am not devoting as much time as I should or could.
    KravJeff Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2007, 09:14 PM
    J_9 - U following me around? Saw you liked the uzi comment as well ;)

Good luck on your finals!
    Expert

Dec 8, 2007, 09:17 PM
    As a SuperMod, I follow a lot of people around. I like your style though!! :D :p ;)
    snarasimlu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2010, 12:40 AM
    Drink 4 to 5 litres of water every day, avoid protein rich food... check BP everyday and intake tablets if you are still in medication prescribed by the doctor, also drink lassi(Buter milk) made in house... afr a week go for creatinine test. ([email protected])
    kensuk23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2011, 12:31 AM

Please tell me my uncle is 62 years of age and has cretinine 9.3 what should be done and what rare the medicines to lower the cretinine so that it will be functional properly
    swarna1985 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2013, 02:48 AM
    Hi doctor,

Last year I had undergone for kidney transplantation , my mom is the donor for me.

When I visit to the dr last year dec 2012, the creatine level was 1.1, recently I had gone in this mnth which it has increased to 1.1 to 1.2 , I am using the medicines prescribed by my doctor, kindly please help me why it is increased and what is the solution to keep it in control

Thanks,
    Swarna
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 08:42 AM
    While that is at the high end of normal it might be something to talk to a doctor about.

If you have two normal working kidneys than I would expect that level to be lower, but since you have two largely non-functional and one functional kidney I would suggest that those levels are too serious.

I am a not a doctor and what I say should not be construed as medical advice. Talk to a doctor for that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wack blood sugar level [ 2 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am Type 2 Diadetes. My Fasting blood Sugar is 6.5 to 8.00 on North American scale. However The problem is If consume anything Sweet like Cake or Chocalate in Night. My Fasting is Normal ( Under 6.5). But if I rigrously follow my meal plan it shoots up to 9 or 10 My docter says...

Human Blood or animal blood? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello anyone. I'm a newbie here, hope to find some help here. I'm a student taking degree in biomedical science. I'm required to produce a research project in order to get my degree. I'm interested in forensic science so I choose it to be my field of research. I wonder how a real crime scene...

Blood Results show Protein in my blood? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what that could mean or be a sign of? What is this doctor testing for?

What is Creatinine? [ 1 Answers ]

CREATININE *If you are sent to the lab to test your blood for creatinine, what is the test trying to confirm?

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search