Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Magdalena Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Dec 1, 2007, 12:55 AM
    Lotto numbers are randomly drawn ?
    Hello everyone,
    I want exactly to know what means "randomly". Is it a belief or reality ?
    Thanks in advance
    Magdalena
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 01:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena
    Hello everyone,
    I want exactly to know what means "randomly". Is it a belief or reality ?
    Thanks in advance
    Magdalena
    Excellent question. The dictionary says that the word random means haphazard, or casual. So, if the lotto numbers are chosen, whether by a machine or a person, they are chosen without anyone caring? If we win the lottery, those numbers are not casual or haphazard. Those numbers say you win! Usually they indicate that you lost.

Haphazard means (random) that it happened by chance or accident.

Casual means (random) that something was done carelessly or negligently.

In reality who knows? Perhaps you or I will win because the numbers are drawn negligently and by accident. I believe I need a valium!

Dec 1, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Thank you for your answer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow ! I want to thank you for your posted opinion, but I am convinced that the winning numbers are not randomly drawn. There are no right ways or wrong ways to think. . But I think that is more a wrong belief than reality. Why ? The fact is that , for example, 49 numbers combined 6 are in total no more no less than 13.983.816 possible combinations.If so ,what is the problem ? The problem is that we don't know when a known in advance combination will be drawn. What is missing ? Of course, the solution for this "when".If we'll find this solution nothing is random. Do you agree with me?
    I think I'll go to drink a cup of tea,right now.
    Magdalena
    Internet Junkie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 10:55 AM
    "randomly" means that each number has the same probability to be drawn.
    So 13 million combinations for each lotto draw; but in reality, would you play a combination that has already won? Not me either.
    If you believe in the law of probabilities, you will most likely pick the numbers that have been drawn less often recently, but you have to mix some "hot" numbers in the combination; if I had the knowledge, I would design a software to do this for me and help me win. Then I would not be here answering questions but on a beach with a colorful cocktail in my hand!

Dec 30, 2007, 11:59 AM
    You speak with somebody that has a supplementary monthly cash from Lotto and you want I'll believe in probability only ? For Lotto , the probability is good but not enough. The fact is that there are 97-98 % losers. These frustrated people don't believe me that I have a method to see the winning numbers before they will be drawn. The problem is that these numbers are together with others in "little groups". This means I need more investment and seems that I don't have courage. So ,with low invest, I am satisfied with some money and in the meantime I try to improve it.
    Have you a sweet New Year
    Magdalene
    Poker Coach Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2008, 02:13 PM
    "Random" is a real math term. In poker cards are shuffled, the hands dealt are "random".
    If the dealer stacked the deck to have the first two cards Aces, then the deal is not "random".

In regard to poker, once a person has looked at their cards then they are no longer considered "random". Since their decisions now are based on the cards he has seen.

Example: Cards are dealt to 10 players (2 each down), all fold except the Button and the two blinds. The blinds have money already in pot since it is required BEFORE they get cards dealt. I act before the two blinds, I have seen my cards my "random" cards.
    And would now have information based on my cards and my two opponents who are in the hand at this point with "random" cards being dealt to them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can spirits be drawn to a negative person? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is a very unhappy negative person.It seems like when there's a lot of fighting or unhappiness going on the spirits in this house let you know they are here.Last night my husband had started his usual drama ;My sons and my sons girlfriend were out on the patio and I was bending down to...

Getting blood drawn [ 7 Answers ]

How much does it hurt to get blood drawn? What does it feel like? I really need to know

Yahoo lotto [ 4 Answers ]

Just received an email from theyahoo lotto organization. They said I had won 1 million us dollars and even had a pic with the Yahoo v president. Is this legit

Lotto free company [ 3 Answers ]

good evening I received email de lotto freecompany from burkina_faso, that I win850.000,00 euros, ans they tel me that they canot signe the cheque before sending to him a tax , 850 euros,I sent him all my references, but Icant sent him sum for tax, Iwant to know that is it true or arnak.give me...

Pension drawn early [ 1 Answers ]

I have my retirement pesion withdrawn fully. I am a Non Resident Alien. How is this money taxable? The service provider has sent me 1099-R tax doc for the pension I have with drawn.

View more questions Search