Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleymorrill10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Can I file my taxes before January?
    I need to know if I can file my taxes be fore next year.. can I file them in December or do I have to wait.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 03:41 PM
    You have to wait until the next year. AS you will be filing on all your income earned in 2007 and it is not the end of the year yet. You will receive your W-2 statements in January and can file then.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 05:00 PM
    If you access to the end-of-year tax information (final check stub, for example), you could mail the return the day after Christmas and the IRS would process it.

However, they would NOT open the envelope until January 2nd.

Further, you cannot file electronically until after the new year.
    cdjrjjcjj12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 06:06 PM
    So I have to wait until January 2nd? Because my husband has to file ours, but I have to be at two doctors... So we were trying to do it early.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 29, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Since 2007, the IRS has started announcing the date when they will accept 2011 tax returns.

That date has not YET been annopunced, but it is anticipated that it will be 17 January 2011. If you file before bthat date, the IRS will hold the paper return until the start of the tax season.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I did not file my taxes but had taxes taken out of my check [ 14 Answers ]

I'm kind of worried here... I don't know why I didn't, but it is what it is. I just didn't file my taxes for 2005 and 2006. I also worked for a company in 2004 that paid me in personal buisiness checks that I would cash at citibanks, etc. but they never had me fill out any paperwork and never...

Need help to file my taxes on OPT to H1 [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I came to US on jan 2004 as F1.dec 2005 to dec 2006 OPT . Dec1st 2006 H1 1. CPT started: Aug 2005 to Nov 2005 Worked on CPT in internship from Aug 2005 to Jan 2006 Here my OPT started on Dec 10th 2005 (I continued this job in my OPT for 2 months dec05 & Jan 06)

How do I file my state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I was a resident of Oregon for 11 months in 2006. How do I file my state taxes without paying taxes for the one month that I was not an Oregon resident? Unfortunately, I received a large bonus the month I was not a resident and don't want to pay extra taxes for the time I wasn't a resident. ...

How Should We File Our Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are not married legally but married by traditional ceremony. No marriage lisensce. Should we still file as 'married'? Because I'm not sure if we need a marriage license to do that, but we been together married for 7 years. I don't want to get audited by the IRS and they will...

Can F1 and H1 file taxes jointly [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am on F1 and my husband was on F1 and now he is on H1. But he has been on H1 only for 4 months. We have never filed taxes jointly. Can we file jointly for the year 2006?

View more questions Search