Jul 5, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Hookah? Do they mean hooker?
    Can anyone tell me what hookah is?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jul 5, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by QueenSadie
    can anyone tell me what hookah is?
    This is like the water pipe that was used in Alice in Wonderland. Also used by a lot of people to smoke their hashish. Where did you hear it?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2007, 04:02 PM
    A hookah is not a hooker, although someone may not know and use the word to describe a hooker, dropping the "er" and using an "a."

A hookah (Arabic: شيشة; Hindustani: हुक़्क़ा / حقّہ) is a multi-stemmed, often glass-based, water pipe device for smoking; originating in India, it gained fame under the Ottoman Turks. A hookah operates by water-filtration and indirect heat. It can be used for smoking many substances, such as herbal fruits and tobacco. Depending on locality, hookahs are known as other names, such as a shisha/sheesha, water pipe,
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2007, 04:04 PM
    This is a device used to smoke with; it is basically the same thing as a bong. I believe it originated in India!
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Jul 5, 2007, 04:05 PM
    A hookah is a water pipe for smoking tobacco (among other things). The hookah sits on a table, and the smoker uses a hose to partake of the smoke.
    Haxzor50 Posts: 147, Reputation: 1
    -

Jul 11, 2007, 12:46 AM
    okay... AHH the almighty hookah bong!

Can be made from a lot of things... it's a bong though.. a hookah is used for smoking hash, or marijuana, the hookah bong was actually originally invented on accident when a person from India had no transportation of water, so he used his bong, then decided to make it into a hookah, for smoking, when he realised that the marijuana hit better than before, the man took his creation to some big high government official oor sum crap, and the official considered this man a genious of the time... Thus granting him a new house and all that cool stuff... the hookah bong has a good history behind it.. its my fav. Kind too!
    hdawson1 Posts: 31, Reputation: 6

Aug 19, 2007, 10:43 PM
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2007, 10:48 PM
    Excellent example above!
    livindeadgrl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
    A hookah is a smoking pipe with three different places to smoke out of. It kind of looks like a gene bottle with tentecales.
    seradee Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Nov 29, 2007, 06:58 PM
    Ever see Alice in Wonderland? The caterpillar uses a hooka to smoke from.
    JeremyLeindl Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 03:47 PM
    Its used to smoke weed
    raggablue Posts: 347, Reputation: 22

Jan 6, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxzor50
    okay... AHH the almighty hookah bong!

Can be made from alot of things... its a bong tho.. a hookah is used for smoking hash, or marijuana, the hookah bong was actually originally invented on accident when a person from India had no transportation of water, so he used his bong, then decided to make it into a hookah, for smoking, when he realised that the marijuana hit better than before, the man took his creation to some big high government official oor sum crap, and the official concidered this man a genious of the time... Thus granting him a new house and all that cool stuff... the hookah bong has a good history behind it.. its my fav. kind too!
    Budda smoked hookahs, then got the munchies, then grew that amazin belly
    p.s bhong has got an h in it (thats buddas fault aswel)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hookah ? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone has done the hookah? It flavored tobacco that use burn slowly with a coal and such out of a hose. My boyfriend is kind of addicted to it and I was wondering if it was bad. It only has 0.05% nicotine. Please help... she I let him keep doing or the him to stop or...

View more questions Search