Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherrio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Water backing up in shower...
    When I do laundry, the water backs up in2 the shower, when I take a shower, I get standing water in the shower. I've snaked, used chemicals, nothing works, can't really afford a plumber, can any 1 help me PLEASE!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 14, 2006, 02:42 PM
    Hi Sherrio, (is that a first name or a last name?)

You might have snaked but you didn't snake far enough to get the clog. You have two options, you may remove the strainer and snake from the shower drain or snake from the roof vent of the baths lavatory. Both ways will need a lot more snake then you indicate you've put out. Good luck, Tom
    sherrio Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 03:18 PM
    Water backing up in2 shower...
    Thank you tom.. 2 answer your question its my 1st name with the 1st initial of my last name. I used a 50 ft snake and it got all twisted in the drain so I had 2 go under the house in the crawl space and pull it out tthat way, so I guess the shower drain is OK, so, now what do you think?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 14, 2006, 04:35 PM
    "so, now what do u think?"

It's not what I think that's important. It's the stone fact that you have a clog downstream from the shower or it wouldn't be backing up in it. Since it's the washer that's the cause I would snake the washer vent next. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower drain backing up [ 1 Answers ]

I have a shower drain that was moved from its previous location 2 yrs ago, since then when several drains are active, ie: upstairs toilet flushed and dishwasher draining I get water coming up through the shower drain, the original drain was under a 6" raised floor the new location is not elevated...

Washer backing up in tub and shower... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys, this is my first post here, ill try to describe problem as best as I can. I have a sink and a bathtub in small bath, sink drains fine but tub drains slow, and no backup when washer drains. The kitchen has a dishwasher and a sink, drains fine but little backup when washer drains. ...

Washer backing up into shower stall [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a raised ranch home in which the laundry room and a full bath are located on the lower level of the house. Recently, I noticed that when the washer discharges water, it backs up into the shower stall in the bathroom. Just a bit of water and bubbles gurgles up and then it goes right back...

Toilet backing up into shower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I have toilet paper and other lovely things coming into my shower and bathtub. The vent was checked on the roof as well as the pipe outside that we had to dig to get to. I thought I had fixed it when I just kept cleaning the stuff out of the shower after every flush and finally it was...

Water backing up into vent pipe~Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We recently moved our water supply (kitchen) against the wall, rather then in mid kitchen (old house) previously the kitchen had had an addition (not added by us) that left the sink sitting "kitty corner" off the north wall, we wanted to utilize more space so had a friend help move the...

View more questions Search