Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oceanmist Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Tempur-pedic or sleep number bed?
    Do you have one of these beds? Which is the better one, and is in necessary to buy the foundation? Do they really help with back pain? Tell me anything you can about either one. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2007, 12:50 PM
    I would not sell my tempurpedic ( OK I got a gerneric one) but I had constant backaches, none now, the best bed I have ever sleep on.

It lets me sleep sounder, better and longer.
    classylassie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 12:49 PM
    I vote for temperpedic. My sister bought one because her back killed her during pregnancy and after she bought it no more aching back even while pregnant. That's amazing let me tell you. It does what they claim. You can use your own hd bd and ft bd and your own bottom mattress. My brother has the sleep number and they love that, but have had some issues with it. Minor issues like if want to roll over and cuddle with his wife her side is hard and such like that. However it is nice that you can adjust it.
    oceanmist Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I bought the Bragada, its like the temperpedic, I'm happy
    da11as Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 05:21 AM
    The better one is a personal choice, you should really try them both. Also depends a lot on which tempurpedic model and which sleep number model you get since they can have very different feels.

Yes, you do need the tempurpedic foundation or at least a completely flat surface.

Both are great for reducing back pain and pressure but both also have their pro's and con's.

Try healthy lifestyles for some comparisons between the two. It was helpful.

James
    MercedesMan Posts: 3, Reputation: 0
    -

Nov 27, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanmist
    Do you have one of these beds? Which is the better one, and is in necessary to buy the foundation? Do they really help with back pain? Tell me anything you can about either one. Thanks
    Yeah, I tried it but then I found this company that sells a sleep number bed and in my opinion the bed is much newer in terms of the technology. It's also endorsed by Terry Bradshaw and a some other athlete's. I saw this advertised one morning on a cable channel. What a great find. If I was looking for a tempurpedic memory foam mattress or a sleep number bed I would be sure to check them out. Prices are reasonable, service was good.<title>Zero gravity Bed </title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"> <meta name="MSSmartTagsPreventParsing" content="TRUE"> <meta name="autosize" content="off"> <meta name="description" content="tempurpedic bed mattress sleepnumber bed m

Now if I can get my wife to stop snoring I might get some sleep! :D
    -

Nov 27, 2007, 02:05 PM
    Zero gravity bed
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Isn't a sleep number bed a really expensive air mattress?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 01:36 AM
    From: Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed: Adjustable Mattress, Adjustable Firmness Mattress 1-888-411-2188

How It Works

To learn more about the Sleep Number&#174; bed click on any of the links below.

To see the explanations as to how it works, one would go to the site that I have referenced above.
    -

Dec 5, 2007, 02:43 AM
    The Select Comfort Sleep Number (shown in the post above) is old and outdated technology. I had the one by Select Comfort shown in that blowup and I sent it back. It has a border that runs right down the middle of it and the air cells leaked which made the air pump come on in the middle of the night.

Compare it to Zero Gravity Beds Go to http://www.ZeroGravityBed.com and compare them

This is the one that Terry Bradshaw endorses, the one I purchased. It has a better warranty as well. The service has been great and they gave me 10% coupon.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 02:53 AM
    Okay, thanks! I'll have to check that out! Thanks for enlightening us! :)
    Decorate Now Patterns Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Just be aware that anything with memory foam on it will sleep 'hot'--as it holds in body heat. So you may wind up waking more than usual, to kick off the covers and cool off.

If you can find a hotel with one of these beds in it, then I'd spend a night on one first.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2008, 05:25 PM
    I found the best way to deal with memory foam is to put a cotton mattress pad under the sheet. No "hot" mattress for me. I vote for the memory foam. Had a TempurPedic and found it to be too heavy literally for me to move around. I now use memory foam and have 3 pieces that are 4" each piece. Even singly they are heavy to move around.
    labdr881 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2008, 06:18 PM
    I took your advice after trying the sleep number bed 9000 series. It didn't work for me and after the 30 trial so I returned it but it cost me $150... :( I'm not to happy about that. After reading this post, I found the zero gravity bed.

Its been about 30 nights of trying the Malibu model... its like 10 times the bed than any sleep number. I had to assemble both the sleep number and the zerogravity models so I could understand what the gentleman above was talking about.

Without a doubt don't waste your time or money on a sleep number bed. I thought is was my only option since all I see at night is the sleep number commercial.

This bed is kind of like a hybrid between the tempurpedic and sleep number bed and it doesn't get hot like a tempurpedic because it has a breathable layer with wool.

I wonder if you can buy stock in this company?
    mattresses Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 07:13 PM
    I think it's a matter of personal preference whether you go with Tempurpedic or sleep number bed . They both have great features and great warranties..
    Michael60408 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 10:03 AM
    We ordered a zero gravity bed based on the research that we did. It took about a month to receive and the box spring never showed up. I have tried many times to contact the company only to find out that they have gone out of business. I guess they went out of business after shipping our bed.. so we get no trial period with it.. we are stuck with it. A $2000 lesson to be learned.
    redfish123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Are you for sure the ZeroGravityBeds went out of business? They haven't answered the phone in a few days so I was afraid something happened.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 02:13 PM
    I found some memory foam that does not get "hot" like the tempurpedic stuff did. Now I just put my sheet directly on top of the foam and sleep like a rock - or however rocks sleep.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2008, 02:20 PM
    I'm in the uk so it's called something different here, it's the one if you have a bad back... I had a back problem...

Very good for the back, but mine is like sleeping on the floor it's so hard, however it does work on the back.If you backs killing you when you go to bed, in the morning it's much better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bed Bugs [ 4 Answers ]

I have had red spots popping up on my arms, stomach, back legs and it itch like crazy. This has been going on for a month now, and I can't figure it out. I have been to the doctor and she told me I am having an allergic reaction to something. She suggested that I go back to what I was doing to...

Should l have my pup sleep in my bed? [ 4 Answers ]

Would we get more sleep if we allowed our pup to sleep in our bedroom? Im not sure which way we should go with this stick it out and let her keep sleeping in her crate in a separate room but then we wake up at 5:30am, or have her in our bedroom but keep her in her crate or just let her sleep with...

Bed rest [ 2 Answers ]

I went to the dr today because I had a scare on Saturday, I had passed a small amount of mucus and had cramps all day. I didn't go to the emergency room cause if something was happening this early on there's not much that they could do but have me lay down and take it easy. Well my dr said that I'm...

Anyone own an air bed? [ 5 Answers ]

If you own an air bed, would you please answer some questions. 1. Does it hurt your back or some other parts when you sleep on it daily? 2. If you have a cat, does it scratch it!

The other guy was better in bed... [ 1 Answers ]

My long term ex and I have decided to get back together. Our breakup was not a painful one and we didn't break up so much as take a break as we were starting our career paths. We were the first and only sexual parter for one another when we began. We're starting to catch up with one another and get...

View more questions Search