Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michellemichellemichelle Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 04:47 AM
    How to fight cellulite on my upper arms
    I have recently noticed cellulite on my upper arms. The top of my arms look very dimpled and I am really self conscious of this. I used to love wearing clothes that showed off my arms and upper body, I feel I can no longer do this and it is really frustrating. Can anyone out there suggest ways of illiminating the cellulate or at least trying to firm the skin up so it is not as noticeable.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2007, 06:34 AM
    You have to work the whole body in order to lose body fat, the upper arms are one of the hardest areas to maintain, but watch what you eat, drink lots of water, try and walk every day while holding some hand weights, or small dumbbells and exercise 3-4 times a week, try these for your upper arms, Using one of those exercise- rubber stretch bands you can buy, hold one end of the band in each hand with your palms facing each other and position it under your feet. Stand with your legs shoulder width apart and bend slightly forward from your waist with your back straight, straighten arrms so they are out in front of you and parallel to floor. Pull sides of band toward you so your arms go on each side of your waist. Make sure your elbows go past shoulder point, move bande back to starting position, do 3 sets, 20 reps each.

Also try using dumbbells, 2/3 kg. small weight to start and work up. Biceps curls, tricep overhead extensions, check online to find out how to do these
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2008, 02:15 PM
    I've previously read more than from more than one source with the following take on cellulite...

First, eliminate excess body fat through exercise.

Second, get an appropriate amount of essential fatty acids, such as omega 3s, 6s, 9s. These tie into structural integrity of the structure of the fat cells, and our lousy diets often deprive us of these needed fats. On top of that we overload with fats that are not helpful, such as the processed, hydrogenated oils in so many of our foods. Add to that the overall quality of our food is diminished and the use of fad diets... its just a combination of bad things that can lead to cellulite.

Add to your diet omega rich foods such as cold water fish, a fish oil supplement (get the "burpless" kind!! ), almonds, cashews, pecans (dry roasted, watch the added salt), omega 3 fortified eggs...

I take a fish oil supplement and use the nuts as a late day snack and a way to have a smaller dinner. I take these not for cellulite, but for the heart healthy benefits they also offer. I try to bake fish or use olive oil instead of vegetable for frying.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 03:10 PM
    Also the use of light hand weights will help!
    Dr Dermie Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Jun 21, 2008, 06:35 AM
    Cellulite doesn't exist in the human body. It's something the fashion industry invented to identify subcutaneous fat so things could be marketed to reduce it. There is no such things as 'spot reduction'. Cellulitis is a painful condition caused by infection and/or inflammation of the spaces between cells in the body. So, having got that out of the way - most of the posts above are quite correct. You have to train your whole body, make exercise your priority, eat frequent balanced meals, drink plenty of water and do some weight training. Be consistent, be patient and you will notice changes in only a few weeks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ugly bumps on upper arms [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I've always had these annoying bumps on my upper arms. I never knew how I got them and how to lose 'em. Most of my friends have them too. Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them?? HELP!!

Do guys mind a little cellulite? [ 15 Answers ]

Some girls are really self conscious when sex is going to go down so they would prefer the lights off. Is it really that big of a turn off or wouold guys prefer the lights on? I have a booty. And hips. But I have a little cellulite on my thighs and I think its super embarrassing. I would prefer...

Red Rash on upper arms [ 7 Answers ]

I've had this rash my whole life. I don't know what its called. My mom took me to the doctor when I was a teen and they prescribed lotion, that did not work. I was wondering if anyone else had this rash. Have you ever had it cured? Do you know anything that could help me?

My Belly's buldging, thigh's are huge, upper arms turned into sausage [ 1 Answers ]

THANKS FOR READING Well last year I was a good weight, 110. This year I am a whopping 140:eek:!! I just need a good diet. Something real, that I don't have to pay a million bucks for! Any ideas? I am good with sticking to something that I really believe will work;)

Cellulite [ 1 Answers ]

How can get rid of cellulite?

View more questions Search