Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dancingdobes Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Mucus discharge from vulva - female dog
    Have a 12 yr old female doberman, not spayed. There is a mucus (pus) brownish discharge coming from the vulva. Also, weight loss. She eats, drinks and plays. What is causing this discharge and what would the treatment be? Antibiotics ?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 11:19 AM
    This is different from past seasonal heat cycle discharge? If so, perhaps it would be better to have the vet take a look. It could be uterine cancer or something.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 07:35 PM
    It could be pyometra. Is she showing any of these other signs:

loss of appetite, weight loss but masked by enlarging abdomen
    excessive thirst
    depression
    vomiting
    discharge of pus from the vagina (variable)

FAQ Pyometra

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Operating my female Dog [ 8 Answers ]

Could you please advice me about operating my female Labe so she doesn't have puppies? She is 2.5 years old and she has never have puppies. I have a 9 months old male lab and I'm not pretending to have puppies. This is why I was thinking on operating my female Dog. But I'd like to know if this can...

Brown discharge blood mucus? [ 5 Answers ]

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some advise? I came of the contreceptive pill about 8 months ago. My period started on may 18th and ended may 21st. On day about 14 of my cycle, while wiping myself after going for a wee, I noticed a bit of brown blood on the tissue. As the...

What is better for my female dog. To breed her or not? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 2.4 years old lab. I was going to breed her last time but it didn't work. One vet tells me the best thing for her is to have puppies once. Another vet told me she doesn't have to. I want to do what ever it is the best for her. What would be the best for her? Could you please advice me?...

Spay a female dog [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Does anybody know a low or free spay/ neuter clinic? / in San Francisco CA. I have found one. The SF/SPCA, but it is overbooked. Thank you,

Help with a pregnant female dog [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone tell me the behaviour of a pregnant female dog, How they would act towards other dogs/females,

View more questions Search