Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrinuc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Phone Line Colors
    I Am Trying To Connect New Phone Jack. Old Wire Colors Are Red,blue,white With Red Stripe, And White With Green Stripe. Does Anyone Know Which Colors Go To The Corresponding Colors In New Jack?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Are you in the US?
    Usually the pairs are: white/blue to green, blue/white to red, white/orange to black and orange/white to yellow.
    Hope you have not disconnected old jack yet. You could look for 48 Volts on a pair of wires.
    The Negative goes to red, and the positive goes to green.
    Also, maybe remove another jack and check configuration, whoever wired it, usually will wire the same.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 05:58 PM
    Stratmando, you were also very helpful on the following link: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/landli...ing-88530.html and there was a site that was referneced on that link that had some color charts for this on it, I believe.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Clough, good to sse your name, You are also very knowlegable. Wish you the best of the Hollidays. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

How do I eliminate/rewire my DSL/Fax line to home phone line? [ 1 Answers ]

Line 1 is a Verizon DSL/dedicated fax line in my office. Line 2 is my home phone. It would cost $95 for Verizon to come to my home for approx. 10 minutes or less to rewire the DSL/Fax so I can eliminate the extra (fax) line. Do I rewire through the NI box on the outside of my home? Any phone...

Wiring a 2nd phone line into a regular phone line? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. A long time ago, I had a phone jack installed in my room to be used for a 2nd phone line. Well, we shut off the 2nd phone line, so now I have a phone jack in my room that is basically out of order. I'm trying to turn it into a regular phone jack. This jack has never been a regular wired phone...

How to rewire and extra line to the main phone line at the demarc [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot afford to pay ATT 99.00 to rewire a non-working phone jack to the demarc. How is this done? The main phone line is working.

View more questions Search