Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    webs2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 10:54 AM
    Toilet Drain Plug?
    I have a toilet in my basement(below ground level, that I might replace in the future, but is loose. After a recent heavy rain, when we ran the washing machine, water came from the bottom of the toilet and flooded the basement floor. Would a plug in the drian hole solve this, or do I have to reseal it somehow?
    Since the upstairs toilet drain fine, as well as the tub, I'm assuming it's not a big backup in the sewer, but how would I be sure?
    Thanks you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Would a plug in the drian hole solve this, or do I have to reseal it somehow?
    No! You have a blockage in the drain line downstream from the toilet.
    Since the upstairs toilet drain fine, as well as the tub, I'm assuming it's not a big backup in the sewer,
    WRONG! It's just a partial clog at this time but unless it's snaked and the clog removed it will get worse and block the line completely. The fixtures above it will drain but will come up in the fixtures beneath them unless the line's snaked and cleared. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow Bathroom Sink Drain - but Tub and Toilet Drain Fine [ 4 Answers ]

I am hoping that someone can offer a suggestion to solve my problem. We recently purchased a 60 year old home. The sink in one of our bathrooms drains completely fine until the water has run for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden it starts to back up and then drains very slowly. I have...

Basement drain pipe- plug [ 1 Answers ]

How can I plug a 3.5" basement drain pipe? What type of plug should I use?

P trap drain access plug [ 7 Answers ]

What is the best way to get out an access plug that is located at the tops and side of the P trap drain? It is a brass plug that has a square head that is about .75 x .75. The plug has never been out. I sprayed it with penetrant spray. Not enough room to get a pipe wrench on it. I tried a regular...

Can a toilet and a floor drain share a drain line? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Right now we have a main 4" cast iron sewer pipe running under our basement floor. The very last fixture on the run is a toilet. Can I remove the toilet, replace the final 90 degree elbow with a tee and replace the toilet in the same place, then extend the line a couple feet further and...

View more questions Search