Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushwacked Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Varying water level in my toilet?
    My boss has asked me why the level of water varys in his toilet even though he hasn't flushed it?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 15, 2007, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushwacked
    my boss has asked me why the level of water varys in his toilet even though he hasn't flushed it?
    There are a few reasons the bowl level would fluctuate. Wind blowing past a vent could cause a vacume that sucked some of the water out of the trap in the bowl. There could be a small crack that allows water to seep out over time. There could be a bad flapper that allows water to leak out of the tank and fills the bowl. Take your pick. Regards, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Water Level [ 5 Answers ]

How do I lower the water level in a toilet? I just bought a condo and the water level is much too high, it has to be lowered. How would I do it without calling a plumber? Can anyone help??

Water leakage + toilet bowl water level [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a new house (1.5years old) and I recently noticed water leakage from the ceiling just below the master bathroom on the 2nd floor. I called the home builders (I have warranty on this house) and they said they could not find any leaks and that it happened because of improper usage. I am...

Toilet water level [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, Does a toilet bowl water level fluctuate. In other words, my bowl looks to be fuller sometimes than others. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but when I flush, it sounds like the toilet is going to get sucked through the drain pipe. Everything appears to be operating...

Toilet water level [ 3 Answers ]

Toilet water level to low in bowl how do I fixe it :confused:

Water level in the toilet drain [ 2 Answers ]

Allardo New Member Join Date: Mar 2007 Posts: 2 Water level in the toilet drain -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- When you look into the toilet drain when the toilet is off, should there be any water inside? If so, what level?...

View more questions Search