Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lanman442 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2006, 10:04 AM
    Dead in the Yard
    How do I check to see if I am getting juice to the spark plug?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2006, 11:34 AM
    For like a lawn mower?

You can disconnect the line to it and hold it barely touching the spark plug while someone yanks the pull cord. If there's power going to it, you'll see the spark.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2006, 12:03 PM
    If the terminal is buried in the boot, you can remove the spark plug and let the metal end rest against the head, and watch the electrode.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2006, 09:37 PM
    Go with labmans one... you could also hold the end, but... not recommended :D what brand engine? How old? Could have points, could have a bad switch... if its not getting spark
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2006, 10:03 PM
    Who mows this time of year? Actually I got caught by an early snow without my leaves cleaned up, and was out raking today. The grass was nice and green and looked like it needed mowed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muddy back yard [ 5 Answers ]

Hi - my backyard drops down about 6 feet, into a valley (shared by all neighbors). This time of the year, as the snow melts, my lower backyard becomes a mud bath, and my dogs cannot go out without needing a shower every time. I have two questions: 1. Short-term - What can I do right now to...

Yard Moles [ 6 Answers ]

I have a BIG problem with yard moles. I would like to have any advise. I cannot afford all the "stuff" like stakes and traps. I was wondering if anyone has any "home remendies" to get rid of these. My neighbor also has them very mad. Sue

Mysterious Hump in yard [ 5 Answers ]

Any ideas what this may be? It just showed up. I suspect water is the culprit we just had some hard rains, but I've never seen this before

Yard full of weeds [ 1 Answers ]

?? Taking advice from the radio, I sprayed a mix of soap and water on grass to kill weeds. Dumb! It killed all my grass and the weeds took over the complete yard. What should I do to get the grass growing again? Mid-Florida location.

View more questions Search