Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lilly1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 10:09 AM
    AOL message snmaster.idx file is missing?
    I can't get on line with my 9.0 AOL software, because I keep getting the message "snmaster.idx file is missing." I have a SONY windows vista laptop purchased in Feb. 2007.
    johnb96041 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Lilly1: did you ever get a fix for the snmaster.idx file needs to be restored?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 31, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Reinstall AOL.
    veryspcguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2007, 01:26 PM
    I had the same problem with AOL I uninstalled it removed all AOL file when you reinstall the same message still comes up I did system restore still the same then I decided to do a test I restored my entire system then reinstall AOL it worked then I uninstalled it and sure enough the same error message came up again so in conclusion I have a windows vista home edition machine it is my interrpritation that when you uninstall AOL 9.0 and try to reinstall it something happens in windows vista who know what yet
    Fortenh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 02:55 PM
    How do I find missing file snmaster.IDX?
    GlennS840 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
    I've just got rid of this problem finally... when you uninstall AOL, it keep some files in your computer... you have to uninstall... then DELETE all remaining AOL folders... it will let you re-install
    TheFLGuy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2007, 09:23 AM
    I've got rid of this problem just recently. When you uninstall AOL (No matter the version), it keeps some files on your computer under an AOL directory. You have to uninstall AOL completely, then DELETE all remaining AOL folders (Be sure you back up all vital downloaded materials in your download folders first!! ). It will then let you re-install it. After I did this, my snmaster.idx error disappeared. I have only noticed this error with the 9.0 version.

Hope this helps.
    di22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 06:38 PM
    How can I find all the AOL files. This is infuriating. AOL had me on the phone for over an hour. No help. Can't say if or when they will fix it. Lots of luck
    viorel ratiu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by veryspcguy
    i had the same problem with aol i uninstalled it removed all aol file when you reinstall the same message still comes up i did system restore still the same then i decided to do a test i restored my entire system then reinstall aol it worked then i uninstalled it and sure enough the same error message came up again so in conclusion i have a windows vista home edition machine it is my interrpritation that when you uninstall aol 9.0 and try to reinstall it something happens in windows vista who know what yet
    I tried all sugestions from this site and many on internet. The fix was done in my case in 6 minutes. I used my image backup[SEPT 2007] from my Vista Ultimate. So after 9.1 [90% and snmaster.idx errors] did something very bad in my Vista Ultimate, I could not go back to my 9.0vr.So an image program saved before, resolve fast this very unprofessional AOL 9.1. A JUNK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to unistall a program with a missing file [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all,I have a problem with me PC,I am trying to uninstall a program and when I try from the Control Panel a window shows up telling me that I can't because there is a file missing in the program,what can I do? Thanks

CAB File Missing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, Hoping someone can help me with my dilema for MS OFFICE 2003 Small Business Edition. When I try to open word etc, it goes to windows installer every time and then asks for the missing cab file SKU0CA.CAB I don't have access to the original pre-load that came with the computer...

Missing SKU112.CAB file [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Windows Installer keeps popping up and says I am missing this file. I cannot locate the CD for my Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Student & Teacher Edition (good for 3 computers in the home). That means, I cannot replace the missing file. However, I read that the CD doesn't have the...

Missing file for JL2005A camera [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to set up a Jl2005A dual function digital camera together with ArcSoft Photoimpression 4 from a CD. I have Windows XP and lots of harddisc. I have also in the past downloaded (online) Service Pack 2. When I connect the camera via a USB I get a message "The file 'dshowext.ax' on Windows...

View more questions Search