Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brownbomber2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 08:05 AM
    John Deere 316 dies when hydro engaged
    I have a 1986 John Deere Model 316 riding tractor. I have a problem with a safety switch somewhere that I cannot seem to locate. When I start the motor and try to engage the hydrostat or the pto, it dies. I have replaced the switch on the hydro control and cut the wires on the seat switch and twisted them togethor, but still have the same problem. If I keep the switch on the hydro stick engaged the tractor will go a head and run with the hydro engaged. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. I am told there is a third switch but cannot find out where. Thanks
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2007, 08:10 AM
    There is three safety switches, seat, pto, and neutral or forard positioning switch.
    Brownbomber2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Where would I find the pto safety switch?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John deere 314 [ 5 Answers ]

When I try to engage my deck the tractor starts to die. When I click the deck off it runs without problems what's up?

John deere mower dies after it's warmed up [ 2 Answers ]

My 255 John Deere mower dies after I've been mowing about ten minutes and has no fire at all. After it has completely cooled off it starts right up but will just die again after it has gotten warmed up. Is this possibly the electronic ignition going out? When it dies I've held plug wire and ground...

John Deere 318 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a John Deere 318 with an Onan engine. When I try to move the mower it wants to die after the hydrostat safety switch is released. If I "tie" down the safety switch I can drive it, but it dies as I hit the mowing deck. Any hints on what to replace? Thanks, Rod Hite

John deere mower [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.my riding mower won't stay running.it will run fine for about five minutes then die,won't restart until it cools down after 30 minutes or so.I changed the coil,spark plug and have fresh gas in it.

John deere hydro 185 [ 2 Answers ]

I have a john deere 185, it will turn over and start with starting fuid and stay running if I keep hiting the carb with starting fluid, soon as I stop it shuts off, I checked fuel lines and cleaned the carb, lines are good and it is getting fuel in the retaining pool under the carb, I think it...

View more questions Search