Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    forty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 06:42 PM
    2001 Dodge 1500 radio removal and dash bezel
    How to remove the radio in a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500.
    wise4282 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 03:19 PM
    How do you remove the radio in a 2002 dodge ram 1500 pickup?
    dongroff Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 06:35 PM

Not sure but a 2001 Dodge 1500 is easy. Gently pull the dash bexell off - it has about 10 retaining points. Just pull gently, it'll come. I had to put the tilt wheel allthe way down and the gearshift in low to get the bezel clear off the wheel. There are 2 bolts mounting the radio - pretty easy. The hard part for me was reattaching the antenna. It plugs into the back but the line is short. I had to remove one of the little storage cubbyholes ( another two bolts) on the right side of the radio to get access.

DOn't really know how different a 2002 is from an 01 - but I'm guessing its not much different
    Cwo greg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 04:20 PM
    I used a putty knife and placed it at each retainer location and gave a sudden tap at each point. If you try to gently pry you will crack the bezel. I cracked my slightly then used a putty knife. Went back in easily.
    Cwo greg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 04:20 PM
    I used a putty knife and placed it at each retainer location and gave a sudden tap at each point. If you try to gently pry you will crack the bezel. I cracked my slightly then used a putty knife. Went back in easily.
    RickMN Posts: 244, Reputation: 52

Jul 13, 2009, 03:19 PM

This guy sells the best radio removal instructions on the net. Photos and step by step. I think he charges $4 and gives you an immediate download.

Radio Removal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Towing [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the towing capacity is for a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 with a 360 and an automatic transmision? I bought it a few months ago and it didn't come with an owners manual.

Dash or bezel removal, 2000 dodge ram 1500, procedure [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a 2000 Ram 1500 which had been stolen, previously, and the radio was removed (I'm guessing it was at the same time). Now I have an OEM replacement, so to speak, and I need to remove the 'bezel' (I think it may be called... ) or the dash around the instrument panel/radio in order to...

How do I change the thermostat in my 2001 dodge 1500 [ 1 Answers ]

How do I change the thermostat in my 2001 dodge 1500? I have no clue where to start.. I bought the thermostat. But I have no clue how ot change it, Please Help.. Thanks

View more questions Search